+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 118 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    The only thing that we actually know for certain, is that she sings very, very well. Too bad that that isn't nearly enough, isn't it?

no she doesn't. she sings OK. On a good day.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    I think the "snot rag" routine backfired. I didn't realize until today that it was most likely scripted. If I was grossed out, then so were the thousands of pre-teen girls who have been voting for Kellie.
    Ha! That could be true.. but the way pre-teens are, they might not even think about it in a gross way, they might be thinking "how can they GET THAT hanky!" (cuz it has her dna on it )

In regards to the "stories" about Kellie and the rest of the contestants. Unfortunately, ever since the dawn of American Idol time... we've ALL talked and shared stories of what we've learned about them. Either good or bad. It may not have anything, whatsoever at all to do with singing.. but being in the spotlight, that's one of the things they must get used to now.
    In every aspect of ANY career in showbiz, the history of these people are always looked at. It's nothing new.

If people weren't interested in hearing about someone's family life, criminal history, bf or gf's, kids, schooling, etc, etc, etc... then we wouldn't hear about it at all. Period. But the fact that we have talk shows, magazines, newspapers (ad nauseum "ways" to find out) about our "favorite famous person" tells me that Yeah, people DO want to know this stuff.
    I can't remember the last time there has been an actor or actress being interviewed by Jay Leno where there weren't personal questions being asked.

Who cares if people "wonder" about the Kelli's brother? Does it really matter in the long run anyway? I mean.. let people wonder and talk about it.. big whoop.
    At home, we surmised that, by the way he was acting, that he's probably hating his sister and all this damned attention she's getting! (sibling rivalry) Not REALLY, but we were joking about it.
    Also, we thought it was mean how the grandpa was saying, "WE couldn't do that" (get on stage and sing) to the brother. How does he know THAT? What if this little kid WANTS to become a singer? Who's to say the kid won't be WAY better than Kelli? Way to keep the kid down gramps!

If she's that great of a singer, then she'll prevail. Which, I don't think she will win..but she'll be "famous" after AI, no matter what, unfortunately.
    Fantasia took the MOST flack because she can't read and has a child. But she still won. FOX is "providing" the backstories, but if it wasn't them going straight to the point of it..unfortunately, we'd have the National Enquirer exploiting the family just to get the story out first.

I never understood why people get so mad when Joe public discusses these peoples' lives. It's going to happen no matter what. Oh, and more often than not...the contestants bring up the stories themselves.
    Last edited by Maveno; 04-13-2006 at 04:25 PM.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    No, as I said, she is very good on any day.
    I like Katherine and Kellie both, but would hope to see Kellie win over Katherine.
    As far as pitch problems, who hasn't had them this year or any other year? Most of these people are not professional singers. We can't expect them to perform as if they are. That's one reason I enjoy AI is becaue they ARE amateurs.

. . . and Tuesday was definitely not a good day!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post

. . . and Tuesday was definitely not a good day!
    I thought she was pretty good on Tuesday. Then again I'm not a Queen purest.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey
    Kellie's performance on Tuesday was my favorite of the night. She is so interesting to watch and is becoming quite the performer. Her voice just keeps getting better and her charm was back in full force. "What's on paper?"

Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar
    Does anyone have an image of Kellie from Tuesday's performance night? I Googled but no results. It must be from Tuesday because of her hairstyle (which to me, and someone else I asked, looked not unlike David Bowie's from "Labirynth").
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

You are being far too kind to Kellie. Has she had any good days on this show? Even on her best days it is barely ok, she is exhibit A in the case for AI being a popularity contest. If she went out on stage didn't sing and instead did her stupid girl routine she would still probably get a bunch of votes and be safe for the week, which is pretty close to what she actually does each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    Kellie's performance on Tuesday was my favorite of the night. She is so interesting to watch and is becoming quite the performer. Her voice just keeps getting better and her charm was back in full force. "What's on paper?"
    While her performance was not my favorite of the night it was way up there. She may not sing perfectly but I really enjoy her singing. I like the tone of her voice, I liked when she rocked it out. She's a good performer and that is what I think draws the people who do vote for her. (And not just good looks, although I realize some people do vote based on that.) I like how she performs. She keeps me listening and I'm not bored like I am when listening to Elliott or Katherine.

She has stage presence and that is what I think Simon meant by his comment that she was better than Carrie. A lot of people complained that Carrie had no personality. Like it or love it Kellie has personality in spades.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackshade View Post
    You are being far too kind to Kellie. Has she had any good days on this show? Even on her best days it is barely ok, she is exhibit A in the case for AI being a popularity contest. If she went out on stage didn't sing and instead did her stupid girl routine she would still probably get a bunch of votes and be safe for the week, which is pretty close to what she actually does each week.
    It's all subjective. I find her entertaining and I think she's a decent singer. She's not my favorite. She doesn't bore me like Katherine or Paris.

+ Reply to Thread