+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 118 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

btw, was I the only one who wondered how, if Kellie's momma left her when she was a very small child, how Kellie has a brother that appears to be a good 10 years younger? And is also apparently living with grandpa?

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Kelly has pitch problems and is a mediocre singer. The only reason she got to the final 12 is that her father is in jail, and she is smart enough to play the dumb act. However, she isn't playing dumb nearly has well as Donna Douglas did in the Beverly Hillbillies.

Perhaps I can persuade my Dad to do a felony so I can get on "Survivor" next year.
    OK so the card got played that her dad was in jail so how do we feel about the card that got played for Elliot last night with his diabetes & hearing?? They all have baggage or most do.

Ace gets beat up by his brothers. Bucky comes from not well means but seems to be very happy.

Chris & Katherine maybe the only two that can walk away unscathed from this one.

Perhaps I can persuade my Dad to do a felony so I can get on "Survivor" next year.

Fortunately, my dad didn't have to commit any crimes in order for me to get on "Jeopardy!", but I'll keep that in mind in case I decide to try out for [fill in the blank with name of any reality show], too! Y'all.

::picks up phone::
    Hi, Dad! How's Mom? Hey, I have a teensy favor to ask you. No, no -- don't send me any money. There's this reality show I want to try out for. Yeah, I know I don't have much talent, but it's all about the backstory. This is how you come in: Do you think you could knock over a liquor store? Oh, and it would be a big help, too, if you could rough up the arresting officer as well. Gee, thanks, Dad! You're the best!
    Last edited by Ellen; 04-13-2006 at 01:03 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    btw, was I the only one who wondered how, if Kellie's momma left her when she was a very small child, how Kellie has a brother that appears to be a good 10 years younger? And is also apparently living with grandpa?

It really does not matter....let the girl be! Why drag her familis dirty laundry into this?
    FOX should be ashamed for what they have dredged up already!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Not really. The boy could be her step brother. Maybe her father had another child with someone else before going to prison and that person also didn't want the child. Who knows and to be honest, who cares. It's really none of our business. This is a singing contest, not a perfect family contest
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I think the "snot rag" routine backfired. I didn't realize until today that it was most likely scripted. If I was grossed out, then so were the thousands of pre-teen girls who have been voting for Kellie.
    I have a very hard time believing they would script anything like that. It's probably just what she's grown up calling a hanky.

My friends called it that, and I grew up in Western PA.

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    It really does not matter....let the girl be! Why drag her familis dirty laundry into this?
    FOX should be ashamed for what they have dredged up already!
    I think that you, combatcutie and I, as well as a few others, are working under the misconception that since this is a singing contest, that's probably what should matter the most. We now know better. In Kellie's case, singing is way far down the list of important" facts", and I'm using that word loosely. The fact that she has a really good voice doesn't seem to be nearly as important as her dad and his troubles, her IQ, and then she obviously lied about her mother being gone since there's a little boy there who could ONLY belong to the two blood parents of Kellie. I'll bet her mother is probably right there with them all. May even be a damn bank president or something for all we know. And do we know for positive that her dad's behind bars? Couldn't he be the mayor, city manager or some other low profile job? If we really wanted to get stupid with this, there is no end to the stories we could come up with. The only thing that we actually know for certain, is that she sings very, very well. Too bad that that isn't nearly enough, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    . . .The only thing that we actually know for certain, is that she sings very, very well. Too bad that that isn't nearly enough, isn't it?
    I think she goes off pitch way too often for her singing to be in the "very, very good" category.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I can't stand Kellie. It's not because she is a southerner. I'm a Southerner. I've lived in memphis, Nashville and Richmond. Been in the South all my life. The biggest thing about her that bothers me is that she is trying very hard to perpetuate every stereotype those outside the south have about southerners. And she's succeeding at it so far. The wide-eyed-innocent-country-girl-in-the-city act is wearing very thin with me. You may have no problem with the rest of the world thinking Southerners are al illiterate, uneducated, and live in trailers. But I definitely have a big problem with it. And here's this girl trying to tell America every week that this is how southerners are.

Oh, and her voice is OK, but it's probably the worst voice of those left.
    I also live in Memphis, have for years. I disagree that Kellie is trying to perpetuate any kind of stereotype. She is who she is. Living in Memphis, I have far more to worry about than one little hayseed country girl making us look bad. I can't see that her appearance on a talent show will make anyone think any less of southerners than they already do. Does Kellie live in a tailer? I didn't think so, but then I haven't kept up with her personal life nearly as closely as some seem to have. I don't think that she's trying to tell America anything about southerners, or anyone else except Kellie Pickler. For everyone who dislikes her I'm betting that there is at least one, or more, who like her as much as some of us here do.

I think it's interesting to know a little about their backgrounds, and, I do hope they're truthful about it (yes, Kellie's pa is incarcerated). But, I'm here for the singing/performing talent, and I personally just don't think she sings or performs nearly as well as others still in contention, or even as well as some that never got into the Top 24. Whether she's really that naive or not, I'm tired of it, and the "hanky" bit grossed me out.
    Sing & dance the night away!

+ Reply to Thread