+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 118 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

She doesn't know what "on paper" means but goes on to blurt out a bigger word like "termi-nah-logy"

I despise her more every week.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff View Post
    Another below average performance from Kellie imo, although she did do better thsan I thought she would so I'm giving her a lot of credit for that.
    Hated the look.
    Hair colour by Crayola is not flattering imo.... on anyone.
    She's lost whatever charm she once held as far as I'm concerned.
    I really feel as though she is dumbing herself down to broaden her appeal.
    I don't know her, so I can only state this as the impression that I get from seeing her.
    It's a trend I despise.
    VERY well stated, fluff. I agree. As I said long ago, enough of this 'act' is ENOUGH.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    I thought Kellie had one of the best performances last night.
    So did I. I didn't care as much for her look, but then Paris showed up and I just knew that Kellie looked better than I'd first thought. I'm not a fan of bleached hair but we have had several bleached blondes on AI, so it isn't just Kellie's sin. I like her voice, which actually isn't mentioned much by the Kellie haters who dwell on her lack of IQ and her being a Southerner. I think that Kellie is the best woman singer left in the pack. I didn't expect her to outlast Mandisa, but now I think maybe she'll be around for a while yet.

Hate is a very strong word, and it's even a stronger one when you don't know these contestants on a personal level. So it isn't even an issue. Her vocal talent?
    It's not the worst of the performers left, but it certainly isn't the best of the rest, either.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

I unfortunately only saw three performers this week, because of VCR problems, so I can't judge her this week.

But I did want to say that hankercheif thing was gross/hilarious. I don't know if it was a plant from the producers, but I haven't laughed so much during a results show. At the same time, I can buy that's how she is and that she likes to make people laugh and tell stories (even from her audition, she's blabbering on and on). I'd love to see more of her and her Grandpa.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    So did I. I didn't care as much for her look, but then Paris showed up and I just knew that Kellie looked better than I'd first thought. I'm not a fan of bleached hair but we have had several bleached blondes on AI, so it isn't just Kellie's sin. I like her voice, which actually isn't mentioned much by the Kellie haters who dwell on her lack of IQ and her being a Southerner. I think that Kellie is the best woman singer left in the pack. I didn't expect her to outlast Mandisa, but now I think maybe she'll be around for a while yet.
    I can't stand Kellie. It's not because she is a southerner. I'm a Southerner. I've lived in memphis, Nashville and Richmond. Been in the South all my life. The biggest thing about her that bothers me is that she is trying very hard to perpetuate every stereotype those outside the south have about southerners. And she's succeeding at it so far. The wide-eyed-innocent-country-girl-in-the-city act is wearing very thin with me. You may have no problem with the rest of the world thinking Southerners are al illiterate, uneducated, and live in trailers. But I definitely have a big problem with it. And here's this girl trying to tell America every week that this is how southerners are.

Oh, and her voice is OK, but it's probably the worst voice of those left.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Mudah, I didn't like her much at first. Being a big fan of Carrie's, I didn't like the comparison between the two. She has grown on me, however, and I like her voice. I'm not sure if the "dumb blonde" act is phony or not but it is getting old.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick View Post
    Oh, and her voice is OK, but it's probably the worst voice of those left.
    She definitely has pitch problems -- as bad as Ace!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Kelly has pitch problems and is a mediocre singer. The only reason she got to the final 12 is that her father is in jail, and she is smart enough to play the dumb act. However, she isn't playing dumb nearly has well as Donna Douglas did in the Beverly Hillbillies.

Perhaps I can persuade my Dad to do a felony so I can get on "Survivor" next year.
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-13-2006 at 12:48 PM.

I think the "snot rag" routine backfired. I didn't realize until today that it was most likely scripted. If I was grossed out, then so were the thousands of pre-teen girls who have been voting for Kellie.

+ Reply to Thread