+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 118 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    But that is all constructive criticism. And they were smart enough to take it. Big difference between constructive criticism and being a fake, or putting on an act.
    Playing up to an image doesn't mean you're faking or putting on an act it's more of a characterization of herself. They know that most of the audience loves the way she is and they are milking it for what it's worth.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I don't think Kellie's as naive as she wants us to believe. Look at the way she dresses, it's always a snug, tight fitting sleeveless top that is almost always very low cut. The way she moves on stage, she's not that naive.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    You should be sent to your room so you can think about what you've said about Bucky. Umm, not that sitting there and thinking about it will change your mind or anything. Wow, I really stink at defending him, don't I?
    Oh, did I insult Bucket? I'm not sorry.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

graycat11 - that's just it, though. you're right..she wants us to believe she's naive. I guess she thinks that's a way of getting votes, but it doesnt always work that way.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    Was it just me, or did she look sort of like a trashy stripper last night? She's got a great figure, but come on . . . you could see everything but the nips.

Young, blonde, half-naked and dumb. Great role model for all the young girls watching . . .
    Young girls already have Paris and Jessica Simpson to look to for inspiration, might as well add Kellie to the mix. It's not like madame Currie is featured on the covers of magazines. It's usually some moron making her living playing into a male fantasy- blonde, big breasted and stupid. Acting dumb is not adorable or endearing. But in Hollywood it's celebrated. You become famous for acting like a complete dimwit. Young girls already dumb themselves down because they fear not being accepted by boys.

That's what I think Kellie is doing- she's exagerating to the tenth degree her natural naivete. I don't think it's a total act, but i do believe Kellie has figured out when she exagerates parts of her personality she gets a positive response and she gets attention. So, that's what she does, instead of just being herself.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Oh, did I insult Bucket? I'm not sorry.

I know.
    We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. Oscar Wilde

Kellie did look a bit trashy to me as well. It wasn't necessary.

I'm interested in how she's going to pull through singing something from Queen. It might just be comical. She has to stick with something that is slower and could work with a twang. Crazy Little Thing Called Love is about the only song I can picture her doing right now. Even though, it's a stretch.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My husband never watches American Idol, however, he made a point to watch a single performance on Tuesday. "Call me when Kellie is going to perform." *eye roll*

I agree. Wholeheartedly. No one else has to put on 'that dumb act' to attain votes. Is this ditzy act really totally necessary to be "successful"? I'd rather not be successful, then. Acting ditzy 'aint' success.
    It's success if it gets you votes and you win the contest. As for why nobody else "has to do that"? Well, maybe some of them who are being tossed off the show might get further if they have an angle of some sort. Think about Lisa. She had weak vocals, sure, but they weren't any weaker than Kellie. Lisa went because she was boring as drying paint. She had no angle. Nothing even remotely interesting about her. So, she went.

Not that I'm endorsing this (frankly I hate this tendency), but if we are being realistic about why Kellie is doing so well, it's because she has an image people are responding to, be it fake or real.

And if you're "not too smart", why would you want to emphasize it on a show where it's all about VOCAL talent???
    Because it gets you votes and potentially wins the whole thing for you?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Nimmy is my American Idol Enya Windo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by miadora View Post
    Was it just me, or did she look sort of like a trashy stripper last night? She's got a great figure, but come on . . . you could see everything but the nips.

Young, blonde, half-naked and dumb. Great role model for all the young girls watching . . .
    She was singing a song about a hooker, from the perspective of the hooker.

+ Reply to Thread