+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 118 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    She's not my favorite, but I don't mind watching her, and I think she sings better than some.
    That sums it up for me about.

I`m not going to write what i think about some people and their pretentious wall of goodness.

If she is putting on an act - well, isn't that what all the celebrities do when they "reinvent themselves?" How else could you reinvent yourself without being something you aren't naturally.

I think the real Kellie was the one who told the grandpa story about the sandwiches. I think if anything the producers are playing up the dumb Kellie routine, in the same way they're playing up the sexy Ace routine. I also think Katharine is more of a phony than Kellie.

She's not my favorite, but I don't mind watching her, and I think she sings better than some.
    I concur. This may look like a singing competition, and yes, it is, but it's also a machine with a lot of handlers, promoters, and nuances. It's pretty obvious the producers and Ryan, because of the producers, are encouraging some of whatever act these individuals, which include more than Kellie (Chicken Little, anyone?), are playing. It's not their fault either. While it may be tempting not to compromise yourself and be true to you, it's also quite tempting to be "polite", play along, and let your fans, whether holding Chicken Little signs or donning 205 jerseys, go along with it.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

Was it just me, or did she look sort of like a trashy stripper last night? She's got a great figure, but come on . . . you could see everything but the nips.

Young, blonde, half-naked and dumb. Great role model for all the young girls watching . . .

I agree. Encouragement of an act or playing along , or not.....doesnt look to me like Taylor's playing one. Or, Chris, for that matter.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    I agree. Encouragement of an act or playing along , or not.....doesnt look to me like Taylor's playing one. Or, Chris, for that matter.
    Then why has Taylor toned down his act? And why did Chris change his style for country week?

I think we either like someone or we don't, and if we don't it doesn't matter what evidence is produced to the contrary, we won't believe it (including myself in that assessment with Katharine).

Chris changed his style...key word. Not an 'act'. Taylor never did put on an 'act'...he is who he is, like him, or not. He never stood there acting clueless to get votes. If you call his bodily gestures/movements an act, I disagree. He has lots of rhythm, and that is his way of showing it. But an 'act' is quite possibly something you do to attain votes. I don't see either one of them (Chris or Taylor) ever using an 'act' to get votes.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Then why has Taylor toned down his act? And why did Chris change his style for country week?
    Taylor toned down what act?? As I said, he never did put on an 'act'..he is now not doing what some of the viewers on here claimed he did..twitched when he sings. That is hardly an 'act'. An 'act' to me, is when they stand there week after week so clueless trying to be humorous about it..to get votes. (ie: the eyelashes joke, calamari, salmon)

Chris took Simon's suggestion to tone it down, and Taylor probably remembered Paula's praise last week to just stand there and sing. Why not? He was safe, and now Paula's telling him something different. Likewise, when Ryan nudges Kellie to play up that she doesn't know something (he even hinted at it in the car commercial), she's not going to argue with him.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

But that is all constructive criticism. And they were smart enough to take it. Big difference between constructive criticism and being a fake, or putting on an act.

Probably because if she had money, would she be working as a roller skating waitress at the local Sonic? I don't think I would.
    I know it might come as a shock, but perhaps some people stay at a job because they actually *enjoy* it, GASP! There is also the possibility that her grandfather is rich but wants her to still hold a job. There are also a number of other possibilities.

+ Reply to Thread