+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 118 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by MsFroggy View Post
    Soon may be this Wednesday, and she can take the suds in a bucket, I mean Bucky, with her.
    You should be sent to your room so you can think about what you've said about Bucky. Umm, not that sitting there and thinking about it will change your mind or anything. Wow, I really stink at defending him, don't I?
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

FORT Regular
    I believe Kelly's "I'm a sheltered country girl" personality is absolutely fake. I heard a radio interview with Kinnik Skye in our hometown here in SC. Granted, Kinnik may be bitter she is out or whatever, but when asked about Kelly, she portrayed the image that Kelly is not sheltered at all. They constantly talked about Atlanta and how Kelly knew all of the hot spots and had partied there a good bit and knew where all of the good shopping places were.

Like I said, I don't know how much to believe, but considering it came from someone who had some interaction with Kelly, I am one Idol fan who is not falling for Kelly's make believe persona.

There's a recent article that said she got a new haircut costing a few hundred dollars and the pink corsetted top she wore last week was the msot expensive article that AI ever spent on a contestant.

I am so not falling for her country hick image no matter how much she claims she is one.

Kellie must be some sort of country girl.

Nothing could be further away from my personality than country.
    I just don`t get it.
    But tuesday was a good example that one has to be "in it" to perform this kind of music.
    And Kellie just did it , all natural.
    Ergo...

And whats with the 300$ haircut.
    The AI singers are located in L.A. , and their location is for sure not the cheapest in town.
    Are they supposed to drive down to Compton to get a haircut for a twenty ( and then try to make it back alive before night breaks ) ?

Or arguments about her being deliberate.
    It`s like saying "we don`t like her because she wants to be successful". Duh.
    I don`t blame a girl for trying to make it in the world.
    Better then some other person who appears to me like a trained showdog.

I`m sure she is not going anywhere , she will be around for a while to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    And whats with the 300$ haircut.
    The AI singers are located in L.A. , and their location is for sure not the cheapest in town.
    Are they supposed to drive down to Compton to get a haircut for a twenty ( and then try to make it back alive before night breaks ) ?
    The debate isn't over her getting a $300 haircut in LA; it's over the article (in the Media thread) that says that she regularly gets her hair cut by a gentleman that charges $300 for a consultation alone. Then she supposedly called this guy and had him fly out to LA this week to do her hair.

Or arguments about her being deliberate.
    It`s like saying "we don`t like her because she wants to be successful". Duh.
    It's not the same argument at all. The comments about her being "deliberate" are referring to the allegations that she's only pretending to be a dumb hick. So if we're going to equate that, per your analogy, then you're saying it's perfectly okay to pretend to be a dumb hick because she wants to be successful and that's how she has to do it. I don't buy that analogy and I disagree with the message that it sends.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I agree. Wholeheartedly. No one else has to put on 'that dumb act' to attain votes. Is this ditzy act really totally necessary to be "successful"? I'd rather not be successful, then. Acting ditzy 'aint' success.
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 04-06-2006 at 12:49 PM.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    ...and I disagree with the message that it sends.
    Then my message would be welcome to reality.

The whole picture is just black and white.
    What if she is not too smart.....and just emphasizes it.

And then , aren`t we all playing roles at some points in our live ?
    The first date , class reunion , job interviews , hanging out with a group....

...and all over sudden it`s not that easy anymore.

No, we aren't "all" playing roles in our lives...playing roles is fake. Playing roles is what an actress/actor does in a soap opera. First dates, class reunions, job interviews are all "reality"..things we encounter sooner or later.
    And if you're "not too smart", why would you want to emphasize it on a show where it's all about VOCAL talent???
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 04-06-2006 at 01:12 PM.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Is it me or does Kellie seem to be trying to downplay her image, less makeup, hairstyle and dress, after all these reports starting coming out. I like Kellie, but I have a hard time believing country bumpkin image.
    Freedom, Justice & Equality For All

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyrock11 View Post
    I believe Kelly's "I'm a sheltered country girl" personality is absolutely fake. I heard a radio interview with Kinnik Skye in our hometown here in SC. Granted, Kinnik may be bitter she is out or whatever, but when asked about Kelly, she portrayed the image that Kelly is not sheltered at all. They constantly talked about Atlanta and how Kelly knew all of the hot spots and had partied there a good bit and knew where all of the good shopping places were.

Like I said, I don't know how much to believe, but considering it came from someone who had some interaction with Kelly, I am one Idol fan who is not falling for Kelly's make believe persona.
    I'm not at all sure she is claiming to be a "sheltered country girl." What are we basing that on? That she didn't know what calamari was? That she mispronounced salmon? I'm just confused at this point.

I'm not a young girl, and I've definitely been around the block a few times and could find the hot spots and good shopping places in various cities. And until I heard Kellie talking about calamari I had no idea what it was. And while I know the correct pronounciation of salmon, there are quite a few other words I've butchered, sometimes embarassingly so.

If she is putting on an act - well, isn't that what all the celebrities do when they "reinvent themselves?" How else could you reinvent yourself without being something you aren't naturally.

I think the real Kellie was the one who told the grandpa story about the sandwiches. I think if anything the producers are playing up the dumb Kellie routine, in the same way they're playing up the sexy Ace routine. I also think Katharine is more of a phony than Kellie.

She's not my favorite, but I don't mind watching her, and I think she sings better than some.

+ Reply to Thread