+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 118 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Final two? Really? Honestly? You are not joking? I see her going out about number 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    To me the difference is pop crossover country (Carrie) and country roots country (Kellie), if that makes any sense. Like Faith Hill when she started (country), then she crossed over to pop country. I never heard a twang from Carrie, ever, no matter what she was singing.
    Quite the stereotype there, Misty... do you actually listen to country music?

Faith Hill was never *twangy*... not even when she first hit the scene. Not all non-crossover country artists have a twang. :nono
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    10 years is nothing! If it works for them...so what!

I agree. It depends on a lot of variables. Interesting how some will accept the age difference with one couple & not the next. Hell we apparentley got Nicky Lachey (31-32) dating 19. It seems that we have many males this age that like the young ones & my actual thinking is that these guys are tired of domineering women independent women & it keeps them in there own comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Quite the stereotype there, Misty... do you actually listen to country music?

Faith Hill was never *twangy*... not even when she first hit the scene. Not all non-crossover country artists have a twang. :nono
    Stereotype? huh?

You bet I listen to country music, all the way from my grandmother's 78 rpms on her wind-up victrola to today. Many people complained about Carrie's "twang." I was trying to make the analogy that when Faith Hill came on the scene, she was much more country-sounding than pop. Later she switched to more pop-sounding. Now she seems to be coming back to country-sounding.

I don't mean a "twang" like George Jones or Randy Tavis. I'm well aware that not all country artists have the twang, but it seems as though country music haters put all singers who do country songs or country sounding songs in the same category, hence my use of the word "twang." To me, Carrie sounded more pop and Kellie sounds more traditional country. Does that sound better to you?

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    This girl is personality all the way.
    I wasn't aware that "dog dumb" is a personality trait.

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    This girl is personality all the way. Her voice is only secondary to her charisma. Like Bucky, her voice is untrained, but sexy and appealing. I notice on this board, people either really like her, or can't stand her. When a person is able to garner that type of response, he/she is making a strong impression. She could win this, but I doubt she will. Haven't we had only one male winner so far - Ruben? I think the public is ready for a guy to win this time and there are some strong contenders. But, I think Kellie will go a bit further before she's eliminated - maybe even the final two.
    I hope you're right about her going far. I agree that she probably isn't going to win, but I'l like to see her in the final three or so. If we were going on talent, she would be around, but since this is mainly a popularity contest, she could go at any time.

Soap Suds. LOL.

I don't think Kellie has the absolute best voice, but I do think she has an awful lot of raw, untapped potential. I haven't heard any performance from her in which she goes off-key in any one part of a song, except perhaps her very first audition when she belted out "Broken Wing" just a teensy bit too much. But otherwise, she's been on pitch the rest of the time.

Just please, don't change her hair. Leave it down - and straight.

And I want her to make it to the final two. What an awesome showdown that would be. (Controversial, too, I bet.)
    2003-2008.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

backstage boogeying with Elliott........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

So far I think Kellie has had only one performance that could be called "good" and that was last week. All of her other performances have been worthy of the bottom three, if not the actual cast off.

Ummm... Elliott seems to have a... erm... wandering eye... in that picture.

Kellie's quite photogenic too, I've realized. Pastel shades look good on her. Yes they do.
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread