+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 118 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Awww, man, am I the only one around here who likes Kellie?

I thought her "Walkin' After Midnight" performance was right on-point, with the pouts and narrowing of the eyes, the stomping around and screaming at the judges. And she comes off as very sweet and natural to me, not "playing the blonde game". I think people are just trying to read a lot into her personality and the way she behaves. To me it's refreshing to have a girl who can dress nicely, sing decently and have no airs to speak of.

Go Kellie
    2003-2008.

Could never stomach this one. Fake background aside (and they took the site down where it shows her as a Miss North Carolina contender), did anyone at all catch her pronunciation of the word "searchin'" during the "searchin' for you" line in "Walkin' After Midnight"?? Sounded like "sowchin" or "sealchin" - hard to type it phonetically, but it made my stomach turn, literally (and I've been sick the past week) everytime she sang that!! And how is it these judges don't hear her singing offkey?? They sure did in North Carolina when she was eliminated from the "Gimme That Mike" show! One of the managers at my work said, "Nobody from a trailer park has teeth that white".

Oh, take her off! Please! I have the strongest negative feelings about this one!

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy View Post
    Exactly!!! Kellie is fake to the nth power!!! I definitely think she is playing th dumb blonde game. And I have no respect for fake women either.
    Kellie actually strikes me as less fake than Katherine. Or Paris.

Who knows really? Hard to tell from seeing them 1 or 2 hours a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety View Post

I thought her "Walkin' After Midnight" performance was right on-point, with the pouts and narrowing of the eyes, the stomping around and screaming at the judges. And she comes off as very sweet and natural to me, not "playing the blonde game". I think people are just trying to read a lot into her personality and the way she behaves. To me it's refreshing to have a girl who can dress nicely, sing decently and have no airs to speak of.

Go Kellie
    On no, you aren't alone. Not by a long shot. Several of us are also Kellie fans. I really and truly don't see the fake thing going with her. Now Paris reeks of fake, but Kellie just seems like a country girl like I see and talk to ever day. I wish good things for Kellie and hope that she is around to wave bye to several of the ones left.

Go Kellie
    Ditto the above I think Kellie is very refreshing and not the dumb blonde people are making her out to be. I know its hard to believe someone could be that "dumb", but I'm holding out that she is genuine Go Kellie

Go Kellie
    No, You are not the only one who likes Kellie. I got tired of trying to defend her as people will believe what they want to. I personally find it refreshing that she doesn't know what ballsy is especially considering some would consider that a bit crude. I've certainly known enough airheaded people in my lifetime to think she isn't faking. Airheaded, naive and a southern accent seem to be screaming fake to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Kellie actually strikes me as less fake than Katherine. Or Paris.
    Oh, not me....Paris can sing well. She has a pretty voice, as does Katherine.
    I don't see phoniness in Katherine at all. She sings, and that's all she does.
    She doesn't put on any acts or airs.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by shaynas_mom View Post
    did anyone at all catch her pronunciation of the word "searchin'" during the "searchin' for you" line in "Walkin' After Midnight"?? Sounded like "sowchin" or "sealchin" - hard to type it phonetically
    I caught it. It was like she had a bad fake French accent instead of her natural country accent. It was quite odd. I've kinda noticed it in other songs but not to the degree it was in this one.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." B. Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    No wonder Simon likes Kellie so much. The article says her dad gets out of prison in May - just in time for the finale. With a story like this, ratings will fly through the roof.
    Unless this photo escaped me earlier in this thread, here's a Jail House Head Shot of Kellie's Pa: "Pickler, 41, writing from his Florida prison cell where he is incarerated for felony battery and aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer/firefighter /EMT."

I was wondering what he was "in" for and found the charges; these aren't light-weight, Gang. He may have "Paid his Debt" by being forced to stay in jail, but he sure chose the wrong person to beat up on.

http://www.thesnaponline.com/local/l...073132709.html
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

It may depend on where he did it. My Firefighter/Paramedic son has been assulted a few times, but where we live, it's all just part of the job.

And I realize that none of these stories have any bearing on whether he should be at the finals. If he is a free man, of course he should if he wants to. If they eliminate all relatives that have a record of some kind, then he would be one of them. I'm not sure that that would be fair.

+ Reply to Thread