+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 118 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    I meant I'm sick of the country singing blonde act, so boring, I can't be the only one.
    I'll second that with a doublewide y-a-w-n. Ho hum. She's seems a little tacky too somehow - can't quite pinpoint why I get that impression though.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Is it just me, or does Kelly look like a ventriloquist's puppet with the eyebrows drawn in too high on the forehead? Or does she look like a deer with its eyes "stuck in the headlights?" I just can't get beyond it. Weird.
    Yes. Thank you. There is definitely something weird going on with those eyebrows. Maybe that's what's rubbing me the wrong way? I will try and get a handle on it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam View Post
    Is it just me, or does Kelly look like a ventriloquist's puppet with the eyebrows drawn in too high on the forehead? Or does she look like a deer with its eyes "stuck in the headlights?" I just can't get beyond it. Weird.
    OMG...I was thinking that the other day when I saw a picture of her. LOL LOL LOL

Nimmy is my American Idol Enya Windo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Remember, David Brown? We had so high hopes for him in AI4, and yet he dropped out so quickly. He and Nadia had potentially a better voice than Carrie and yet they failed. Why? Because their personalities were not distinctive enough.

A good voice is just...NOT enough. A full package is needed.
    Yes it is. But I think it is just the opposite with Carrie and Nadia. Carrie had a bigger range but Nadia's stage presence and personality were more distinctive. Carrie still seems kind of generic.

I am also wondering if Idol wants another Kelly/Kellie or another cute blonde country girl to win. If they don't I think they have ways of hurting Kellie's chances.

FORT Fan
    She is way too cute.

FORT Fogey
    ...Remember, David Brown? We had so high hopes for him in AI4, and yet he dropped out so quickly. He and Nadia had potentially a better voice than Carrie and yet they failed. Why? Because their personalities were not distinctive enough....
    Their failures had nothing to do with a lack of personality. They were simply done in be their inability to choose good songs- they both insisted on singing boring crap.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Enya Windo View Post
    Yes it is. But I think it is just the opposite with Carrie and Nadia. Carrie had a bigger range but Nadia's stage presence and personality were more distinctive. Carrie still seems kind of generic.

I am also wondering if Idol wants another Kelly/Kellie or another cute blonde country girl to win. If they don't I think they have ways of hurting Kellie's chances.

Idol might want it, but Im betting that America won't. Throughout the show contestants were commenting that Carrie was not that great at all. Surely much of america share that same sentiment.

I thought Carrie had some stage presence, little at most. Kellie, on the other hand is pretty plain. I dont think america would vote another carrie in the top 12, especially a duller version of her

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by APwatchesTV View Post
    Idol might want it, but Im betting that America won't. Throughout the show contestants were commenting that Carrie was not that great at all. Surely much of america share that same sentiment.
    Carrie...not that great? Considering that she won and that her Album has hit Double Platinum I think you must be mistaken. (Sigh) Carrie is a VERY popular idol who has done quite well for herself.

Next to Kelly, I think she may become the most successful Idol ever.

As for Kellie...let's give her a fair chance.

Carrie...not that great? Considering that she won and that her Album has hit Double Platinum I think you must be mistaken. (Sigh) Carrie is a VERY popular idol who has done quite well for herself.

Next to Kelly, I think she may become the most successful Idol ever.

As for Kellie...let's give her a fair chance.
    Hi Felix, I remember you from last season, where did you disappear to? Anyway, check in on the stuff I have been putting into Carries' thread. It is truly fantastic to her career. Kelli is a unique & separate individual that deserves the chance to rise & fall on her own merits. But unfortunately there are some that just refuse to give her that opportunity.

FORT Fogey
    I love Kellie! I'm hoping the very best for this sweet girl.

+ Reply to Thread