+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 118 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

not real real impressed, but I think she will make it to the top 12 because it seems like there arent many to choose from
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

FORT Fan
    With her fanbase, she'll easily make the Top 12. Let's give Kellie a chance and watch next week's performance before we pass judgement. Personally, I like her a lot more than Ayla or Becky Donahue. Kellie has a certain appeal to her, which I admit not everyone can appreciate.

A good voice does not always make a Great Star. Personality and charisma are also vital factors. Let's be honest here, many successful performing artists these days (Hillary Duff, Backstreet Boys) have only mediocre singing ability. (Shrug) Kellie hardly seems any worse than the above.

Remember, David Brown? We had so high hopes for him in AI4, and yet he dropped out so quickly. He and Nadia had potentially a better voice than Carrie and yet they failed. Why? Because their personalities were not distinctive enough.

A good voice is just...NOT enough. A full package is needed.

She seems nice but she's gonna need to develop another side to her, plenty of time for that. Lock for top 12.

She seems like a very sweet girl with a nice voice. I hope she makes the top 12.

Is it just me, or does Kelly look like a ventriloquist's puppet with the eyebrows drawn in too high on the forehead? Or does she look like a deer with its eyes "stuck in the headlights?" I just can't get beyond it. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    Remember, David Brown? We had so high hopes for him in AI4, and yet he dropped out so quickly. He and Nadia had potentially a better voice than Carrie and yet they failed. Why? Because their personalities were not distinctive enough.

A good voice is just...NOT enough. A full package is needed.
    It's funny that you compared the failure of David Brown and Nadia to Carrie... because your comment is EXACTLY what people said about Carrie--that she had a good voice but didn't have the personality to win.

On the show carrie had very little personality, thats grown since AI ended so it must have been a nervous thing. Ironically she has become my favorite from idol...aside from the obvious
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Kellie seems like a nice girl, and her background has been served up on a platter so she can garner the sympathy votes. She does have talent, but like Carrie Underwood from last season, she just leaves me cold.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann View Post
    Kellie seems like a nice girl, and her background has been served up on a platter so she can garner the sympathy votes. She does have talent, but like Carrie Underwood from last season, she just leaves me cold.
    Yes...I doubt she'll win myself. But I do think she will be able to make the Top 4. She seems like a talented girl and I have a feeling we will be getting some surprises from Kellie next week.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    It's funny that you compared the failure of David Brown and Nadia to Carrie... because your comment is EXACTLY what people said about Carrie--that she had a good voice but didn't have the personality to win.
    I agree. On the show, Carrie exhibited a powerhouse voice but little personality. Nadia's problem was the reverse. I thought she showed lots of charisma but many of the songs she chose did not demonstrate much range. David Brown was pretty meh for me - he seemed middle of the road in both voice and personality. So compared to the ones that got further, he was mediocre.

+ Reply to Thread