+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 118 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    I just don't see any similarity between her and Carrie at all. Anymore than I see similarity between Bo and Bucky.
    Actually, there is a big similarity between Bo and Bucky - both are long-haired southern rockers. Bucky does more pure country than Bo, but they are very similar.

So, if Bo actually won last year and if Bucky was a front-runner this year, I would say the same thing - Bucky wouldn't win, because 19E wants somebody completely different each year. Kellie and Carrie are both bleach- blonde country girls. Carrie does pure country, while Kellie mixes it up with country and strong blue-eyed female soul like Bonnie Raitt and Melissa Ethridge, but Kellie and Carrie are still too similar to one another. And that is the ONLY reason why I can't see Kellie winning.

Just wait - the judges will start turning on her once she hits the Top 5.

JMHO
    Last edited by dagney852000; 03-14-2006 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dagney852000 View Post
    Actually, there is a big similarity between Bo and Bucky - both are long-haired southern rockers. Bucky does more pure country than Bo, but they are very similar.

So, if Bo actually won last year and if Bucky was a front-runner this year, I would say the same thing - Bucky wouldn't win, because 19E wants somebody completely different each year. Kellie and Carrie are both bleach- blonde country girls. Carrie does pure country, while Kellie mixes it up with country and strong blue-eyed female soul like Bonnie Raitt and Melissa Ethridge, but Kellie and Carrie are still too similar to one another. And that is the ONLY reason why I can't see Kellie winning.

Just wait - the judges will start turning on her once she hits the Top 5.

JMHO
    Then we would have to compare everyone on there with someone who was on in a previous season, and I don't want to do that. Is it just people who don't like country who want to make those comparisons, I wonder?

I've never seen Kellie as a front runner anyway. But if she truly is what America wants for their "idol," it shouldn't matter if the judges turn on her or not. They said plenty of less than stellar things about Carrie and she won, despite having a rather bland personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723 View Post
    Then we would have to compare everyone on there with someone who was on in a previous season, and I don't want to do that. Is it just people who don't like country who want to make those comparisons, I wonder?

I've never seen Kellie as a front runner anyway. But if she truly is what America wants for their "idol," it shouldn't matter if the judges turn on her or not. They said plenty of less than stellar things about Carrie and she won, despite having a rather bland personality.
    See, I still believe that the only reason why Clay lost was because of the way that Simon turned on him toward the end of the season, while never having anything but wonderful things to say to Ruben. Simon, at least, clearly did not want Clay to win and he did everything in his power to prevent it. So I think that what the judges, especially Simon, says carries a lot of weight with the public and the public's perception of the talent of the performers. If Simon tells the public that something is white long enough, even if that particular thing is black, the public will start to believe that it is white.

That is what I believe will happen with Kellie this season. If Simon keeps his pimping of her, as he has been, she will win. But I really don't see that happening.

See, I still believe that the only reason why Clay lost was because of the way that Simon turned on him toward the end of the season, while never having anything but wonderful things to say to Ruben. Simon, at least, clearly did not want Clay to win and he did everything in his power to prevent it. So I think that what the judges, especially Simon, says carries a lot of weight with the public and the public's perception of the talent of the performers. If Simon tells the public that something is white long enough, even if that particular thing is black, the public will start to believe that it is white..
    Not sure about Simon's influence, I waver back and forth. I pesonally was underwhelmed by Reuben, but Clay had some flaws as well, and neither was the better singer that year. If the public followed Simon, Clay would not even have been close, and he clearly had a legion of fans voting for him.

That is what I believe will happen with Kellie this season. If Simon keeps his pimping of her, as he has been, she will win. But I really don't see that happening.
    Kellie could very well win on her performance skills and personality. I think Fantasia won out over better singers for that very reason.

I think the best technical singer rarely wins in a competition like this - it's usually the one the majority of the voting public finds the most entertaining - and how many votes are able to get through on any given night.

It is so irritating to try and try to vote, with no success, and then for your preferred person to lose. You always wonder if it would have turned out differently if the calls could have gotten through

FORT Fogey
    Kellie and Melissa will be the only two that I will be voting for tonight regardless of their performance, and I will continue this strategy for the next 5 weeks. I simply want them in the competition.

I didn't care for Kellie's performance last night. Although her genre is country, she has to be versatile in this competition to survive. I'm sure she will get pass this round, but she has to step it up.
    "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."--Booker T. Washington, 1901

Somebody, get Kellie out of my misery. The dumb blonde thing has gone too far. I can't like her anymore.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    Kellie and Melissa will be the only two that I will be voting for tonight regardless of their performance, and I will continue this strategy for the next 5 weeks. I simply want them in the competition.
    I'm not too sure about Melissa, but Kellie definitely should be staying for a while. She is a better singer than many who are left. Being cute doesn't hurt any either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolls View Post
    Somebody, get Kellie out of my misery. The dumb blonde thing has gone too far. I can't like her anymore.
    Boy, Im with you there, Lolls! Who cares about her busting at the seams of her dress?? I mean....really. Stop the cutesy ditzy act, Kellie. This is a singing competition, not a vote-for-me-cause-im-so-giggly competition.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

+ Reply to Thread