+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 118 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829303171 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    That's exactly what I thought this show was all about. SINGING. I'm surprised she's made it this far, and I don't think it's at all because of her vocal abilities.
    The only way it will be solely about the singing is if it's a radio show. Otherwise, many other factors go into making a performance appealing or not appealing. And that will vary for each individual watching.

So I wonder which Stevie Wonder classic she'll turn into country cattle fodder next week. Something good may come of this though -- like a plane ticket home!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Lex
    I don't know what happened, but somewhere along the way, I soured on Kellie. When we first saw her, I echoed the judges comments that she was such a nice girl who I want to see do well in the competition. Even then, I didn't think she was the best singer, but with some work she could be really good.

I'm not sure what happened between then and now because I now find myself disliking her... and I can't explain why. I think she still has potential, but she isn't capitalizing on it. She still seems like the nicest, sweetest girl, but I haven't been enjoying her performances.

I don't know. Hopefully she'll do well next week and renew my faith in her. We'll see.

Degarmo made it to runner up, so anything is possible for Pickler. Remember this is still very early and we havent seen any growth from any of the contestants yet- not even the "stand outs" or "superstars", so we'll just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    So I wonder which Stevie Wonder classic she'll turn into country cattle fodder next week. Something good may come of this though -- like a plane ticket home!
    Oh my God, that's funny!!!! I can't be more agree with you on that.

I must say that I was a big Kellie fan when she first auditioned...her story was heartwarming. As the AI competition has progressed, it disappoints me to see a beautiful, talented young woman act so dumb...there is nothing cute about being dumb. Regardless, I wish her all the best, and I hope her "grandpa" gets lots of free sandwiches from all of this publicity! He must be bursting with pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Albi4ever View Post
    Degarmo made it to runner up, so anything is possible for Pickler. Remember this is still very early and we havent seen any growth from any of the contestants yet- not even the "stand outs" or "superstars", so we'll just have to wait and see.
    Degarmo was robotic in her singing, but not stupid. Kellie is both stupid AND a mediocre singer--she's got far more baggage than Ms. Roboto Degarmo.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Kellie is actually my favorite female from all of the seasons of American Idol. I think her combination of charm, performance style and singing ability just appeal to me. I don't think that she is the best vocalist of the females, but for me she has the best vocals/performance combo. I think that it some of the other girls that have better voices has half of much personality this season I would be rooting for others, but they don't yet.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Ready for her to go home. Her whole persona is waaaay too cutsie and contrived, and frankly I don't like it when people try to manipulate me. That said she is only passable in the singing department. Simon needs to put the crack pipe down. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by horsnhound View Post
    Ready for her to go home. Her whole persona is waaaay too cutsie and contrived, and frankly I don't like it when people try to manipulate me. That said she is only passable in the singing department. Simon needs to put the crack pipe down. Seriously.
    I completely disagree.

To me, she behaves completely naturally and is by no means contrived or pretentious. Unlike other contestants, her persona has not changed or altered throughout the competition -- she's real and raw!! She's never tried manipulating anyone, and she is not "only passable" with her singing. "Only passable" people don't pass in the Hollywood Round.

Besides, she has a dog named Comet!!
    2003-2008.

+ Reply to Thread