+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 118 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

We never enjoy having to do this, but based on the number of posts that have been deleted in here, it seems necessary. Please remember that being rude to other posters here is against our rules. You're all entitled to your opinions on the contestants, and we welcome all of you to share and debate those opinions. But when you leave the realm of the contestants and start focusing on the other members here, you take away the enjoyment for everyone. Let's stay focused on what we're here for: reality television, and the discussion thereof. Thanks everyone!

"I'm a Mink!"

lol, so freakin funny! i love this show! lol

Kellie will need her giddy/silliness when it comes to votes, because she sure isn't up to Carrie Underwood's vocal standards.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

we arent even in the finals yet and we are talking about "vocals"?
    slow down guys, this show is on till may- we have to see the "growth"!

right now, you vote for who you want to see in the finals and see grow into there talents week by week. Personally, Kellie has more going for her because she can only get better week by week when the little girls- Lisa and Paris seem to have talent out the cazzo, but cant seem to pick a song that fits them. Lisa and Paris are more likely to go home due to a bad song choice and an off night when compared to Kellie, who is- despite a lesser voice- knows how to pick a good song FOR her lesser voice. remember- raw talent is boring! and Lisa's song last night showed that to us. I love lisa, but she sure cant pick songs worth a damn!

This is a VERY important topic that the contestants must grow into- If an artist doesn't know what they are good at and what their limits are, they'll fall apart in the real world. You have to know what you're good at and attack it- look at Clarkson as an example- she knows herself and her abilities. Bo, Carrie, Clay, Fantisa, they all know what they were good at and have an ear for good songs and good timing. the ages of these two young girls are showing in their song selections and if they don't figure it out, they are going to go home sooner than they should!

Personally as a 35 year old woman I didn't know what calamari was until about 5 years ago, when I tried it. She very well might have just been being silly, but we don't know and I don't think it's fair to say she is hurtful things about her just because she might not have the experience some people have. Also, Carrie got better vocally as the show went on and if Kellie stays around I'm sure she will as well. Will she be as talented as Carrie? I dunno. But she certainly has more personality than Carrie shows during her performances.

I'm from the south and I don't like Kellie. I do feel sorry for her because of the whole 'momma left her, daddy's in prison' thing. I think the naive ditzy blond from the rural south routine is at least partly real, but I'm about tired of it. I think it's people like Kellie (and Bucky for that matter) on these shows that make people in the north think that people in the south are all uneducated and live in trailers.

I like Bucky. I don't think he has the talent to last, but I think he's probably a really nice guy. I like Kellie, I think she's silly, giggly and girly but she's probably a pretty nice girl who's completely out of her element. Did just cringe last night when she asked what a minx was? Sure I did. It physically hurt. LOL! But I've seen worse representations of southerners to be sure. Hello, have you ever watched the news after a huge tornado in the south? They will find every toothless, unbathed, guntotin’, pickup driving stereotype out there and put him/her on the news.

think it's people like Kellie (and Bucky for that matter) on these shows that make people in the north think that people in the south are all uneducated and live in trailers.
    That's what makes them like-able to everyone else, though. someone who doesn't know whats going on and just wants to sing, learn and have fun. untainted and virgin to the "evils" of The American Music Industry, Hollywood and ...Minks... lol! Kellie and Bucky... and Taylor fit that bill, and i can see all three of them in the top 6, easy. everyone else feels like they could know what's going on and they could be "playing" a part- but these three couldnt care less and are just along for the ride.

I summed what I thought of Kellie last night in another thread:

Kellie: "Notice me! Please notice me! Please noticed me!!! Squeal.'' American Idol producers: "Hey Kellie, remember when you said sal-MON earlier this week? Please say it again, exactly the same way, to Ryan on Tuesday night when he asks you about it." Simon: "Kellie, although your singing sucks, you'll sail through cuz you've got the personality that the blank blonde chick from last year lacked."

She's not the best singer and I hope that she doesn't win (unless she shows marked improvement over the course of the show). However, I hope she sticks around for a while because she is hilarious and injects flavor and excitement into the show. The minx and mink exchange was priceless.

+ Reply to Thread