+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 118 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Lex
    I like Kellie. I really do. But I just don't think her singing talent is good enough for this stage of the competition. Her performance last night had a ton of bad notes and just wasn't good. I think Kellie will get into the Top 12, but it won't be because of her singing.

Kellie is still around because she is a flirt. You see her, and she is cute and bubbly, but she also seems so naive that it would seem kind of easy to manipulate her. Like you could see Simon get all smarmy, nearly licking his chops at her. She is one of those girls who uses the flirt to get her way, but who comes across as easy what with the combination of too much makeup, too blonde hair, stupid acting, and silly. So I think that America could care less if she sings, as long as they can dream about gettting in her pants. That is clearly what Simon is thinking about when she is on stage, and boy is it ever clouding his judgement.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I like Kellie. I really do. But I just don't think her singing talent is good enough for this stage of the competition. Her performance last night had a ton of bad notes and just wasn't good. I think Kellie will get into the Top 12, but it won't be because of her singing.

IMO, she turned in the best performance of the night.

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan View Post
    IMO, she turned in the best performance of the night.
    Seriously?

FORT Fogey
    Seriously?
    Absolutely.

Seriously?
    Performance was good, singing definitely wasn't.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I woud have never know that as I don't eat seafood. I totally can undertand someone not knowing what this is.

Since the debate over whether or not Kellie really knew what calamari was, I decided to ask some of the people I know. I've come to realize that the majority of people up here in michigan do not know what calamari is. In fact, a few of them weren't even sure what squid were.

Since the debate over whether or not Kellie really knew what calamari was, I decided to ask some of the people I know. I've come to realize that the majority of people up here in michigan do not know what calamari is. In fact, a few of them weren't even sure what squid were.
    I know what calamari is.
    I am from Michigan.
    I hope I know what a talented singer sounds like. But maybe not.
    I like Kellie's performance - but I don't think it was the best of the night.
    I do wonder why a certain website thinks she had the worst performance of the night.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo78 View Post
    Performance was good, singing definitely wasn't.
    I completely agree. I enjoyed watching her perform but she is not that good of a singer. I couldn't believe that Simon said he liked her "better than last year's winner", what's he been smoking?

I find it hard to believe that you spoke with the *majority* of people here in Michigan.

This Michigan girl certainly knows what calamari is and counts fried calamari as one of her fave foods. But I would also not want to compare Michigan to an ocean-bordering state where items like calamari are more prevalent on menus.

I would certainly expect Kellie to be more exposed to calamari, but I wouldn't hold it against her. At 19 and having been raised by her grandfather she just might not have a great deal of experience with seafood restaurants. I know that I'm one of the world's pickiest eaters and I'm twice her age.
    Last edited by Broadway; 03-08-2006 at 12:44 PM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread