+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 118 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by LalahLand View Post

Her "southern" accent is so fake and exxagerated! Please send her home America!
    Look, I don't like Pickler at all, but one thing I do know is that her accent...it's real. I know a thousand people who talk just like her. There are so many things to choose from in things not to like about Kelli (I'll bet she signs her name with a heart or a daisy over the "i"), but her accent isn't one of them. It can't be helped.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

I know there's precious little HARD evidence, but the phrase "nibbled to death by ducks" might cover things. Nip nip, I'm glad my radar for fakes isn't the only one going off.

The accent IS real, I've no doubt, but that doesn't mean that people can't lean on it a bit to help play a part. In real life, an accent doesn't actually convey evidence of a person having "a hard life" or "being sweet"--that's just the spin people can (and sometimes do) put on hearing it.
    Last edited by suncat7; 03-07-2006 at 03:46 PM. Reason: deleted link to fansite

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squid

Squids are the large, diverse group of marine cephalopods popular as food in cuisines as widely separated as Korean and Italian. In fish markets and restaurants in English-speaking countries, it is often known by the name calamari, from the Greek-Italian word for these animals.

I woud have never know that as I don't eat seafood. I totally can undertand someone not knowing what this is.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

FORT Fogey
    After tonight I am head over heels in love with this girl and I think a good portion of America agrees with me. She really sang that song well and she is worth her weight in gold.

For people who think it's all an act, that is fine, but all must agree that if is indeed fake, she is one brilliant comedienne. She is priceless and will undoubtedly become a star in some avenue of the business. One of a kind!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Once again Simon hit the nail on the head. If I've got to watch a country performance I'd rather watch Kellie than last years winner.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Although she is from my area, I still can't stand her! I wish she'd get booted & soon! She makes me wanna puke lol.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Once again Simon hit the nail on the head. If I've got to watch a country performance I'd rather watch Kellie than last years winner.
    Not watch Carrie? Fine (Shrug) The thousands of us Carrie fans that made Carrie's Album Double Platinumwould beg to differ.

Okay, maybe not the best singing voice, but I think this gal is hilarious. Is she faking it? Personally, I don't think so, but it really wouldn't bother me if she was. Let's face it, it makes for good television (at least for a lot of viewers) ~ and if she's faking it, then she's got a great acting career ahead of her. Maybe I'm just starved for any entertainment and humor I can get out here, but I honestly came close to spitting out my drink when I heard her say, "Yeah, I'm a mink!" I don't know how Ryan held it together long enough to give out the numbers after that.

Quote Originally Posted by mom3 View Post
    Okay, maybe not the best singing voice, but I think this gal is hilarious. Is she faking it? Personally, I don't think so, but it really wouldn't bother me if she was. Let's face it, it makes for good television (at least for a lot of viewers) ~ and if she's faking it, then she's got a great acting career ahead of her. Maybe I'm just starved for any entertainment and humor I can get out here, but I honestly came close to spitting out my drink when I heard her say, "Yeah, I'm a mink!" I don't know how Ryan held it together long enough to give out the numbers after that.
    I think she is as genuine as she can get. I just don't understand folks saying she is faking it. And as you say, if she is she is absolutely brilliant at it. The new Gracie Allen maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    I think she is as genuine as she can get. I just don't understand folks saying she is faking it. And as you say, if she is she is absolutely brilliant at it. The new Gracie Allen maybe.
    Razorbacker being that I am from the South and do not live far from where Kellie is from, I agree with everything that you post.

I guess all those anti-Kellie people will not be happy until she becomes a superficial bitch.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

+ Reply to Thread