+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Lot's of people in the South probably don't know what Calamari is. Are you familiar with chitlins?
    Yes, and I expect most people here are.

It was the old saw about pronouncing it wrong that got me seeing a bit of fakey. The vast majority of the people in the south aren't ignorant. The vast majority have TV sets too, and access to programs with people talking about things like calamari.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by jasminefan View Post
    Who doesn't know what a calamari is? Gimme a break!
    I still think she is a fake. Since I've found out that she performed in front of many other people before and she told the judges she hardly performed for anybody. I think the same think goes with calamari and I almost gag when Simon said she's cute and adorable regarding calamari.

I really don't understand why you guys find it so hard to believe that she really is the way she acts, as a matter of fact it kind of disturbs me that so many of you have become so skeptical to believe that someone can be that genuinely nice of a person.

I wonder if she was from New York would all of you feel the same way about her, I may very well be wrong but I'm thinking that maybe there's some southern bigotry going on here. I think the girl is an positively fantastic young lady and I don't have one bad thing to say about her. And she was darn good last night. Not the best but darn good.

I don't want her to win because I think she is far from the best in the competition but I wish her all the best in life and in whatever career path she chooses after Idol.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

I just think she's full of herself and it shows.
    "...but this, all pleasures fancies be; If ever any beauty I did see, Which I desired, and got, 'twas but a dream of thee..."

Being a southerner originally from Tennessee I can tell you there are lots of people like her in the south. Heck all you have to do is look at Bucky for proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post
    I really don't understand why you guys find it so hard to believe that she really is the way she acts, as a matter of fact it kind of disturbs me that so many of you have become so skeptical to believe that someone can be that genuinely nice of a person.

I wonder if she was from New York would all of you feel the same way about her, I may very well be wrong but I'm thinking that maybe there's some southern bigotry going on here. I think the girl is an positively fantastic young lady and I don't have one bad thing to say about her. And she was darn good last night. Not the best but darn good.

I don't want her to win because I think she is far from the best in the competition but I wish her all the best in life and in whatever career path she chooses after Idol.
    I have to agree with everything you said, And I think you are right in that there is a bunch of Southern bigotry going on. People continue to say that she can't be that naive. I think they are the ones that are naive if they think that there are those out here in society that just haven't had the life experiences of others. It is truly a sad society that hates someone for being nice.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Lot's of people in the South probably don't know what Calamari is. Are you familiar with souse?
    You can also add to that list grits, sweet tea, and slaw on a hotdog and hamburger which are associated with the south. I didn't know what calamari was and being that I'm in my 40s Kellie's one step ahead of me.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty View Post

I agree, have we become so jaded that we automatically assume someone who is innocent and sweet is faking it?

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by realityfan101 View Post
    I agree, have we become so jaded that we automatically assume someone who is innocent and sweet is faking it?
    Exactly, I think its a sign of the cynical times we live in. I am a Kellie and Katherine supporter and I wish the best for both these talented women. Miss Pickler has her charms and (I suspect) a highly dedicated fanbase. Kellie did very well this week, redeeming her last week's average performance.

I suspect she'll make the Top 6, if we stand by her.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    You know we live in strange times, when people don't like others because they are too nice.
    I never said I didn't like her because she was too nice. She has an annoying characteristic in my opinion. If her constant blathering about the wonders of the world doesn't bother you, then, yeah, you probalby will love her and all the calamari stories she can throw at you. That's great. I don't doubt for a second that this girl has a huge number of fans.

I believe she is probably a nice, sweet girl... who is dreadfully irritating.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

+ Reply to Thread