+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1565105106107108109110111112113114115116117118 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1171
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Re: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by pasodoble;3138025;
    Apprently,Kellie is going to participate in the next season of Dancing W/ The Stars.
    I hope she does!

Kellie got a nomination this morning from the CMA for Best New Artist. Congrats & good luck Kellie.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

She may have been booted from American Idol, but Kellie Pickler has no hard feelings.

The country star will team up with the show's host, Ryan Seacrest, to emcee one of the hottest New Year's parties around.

A thrilled Pickler, 22, broke the news Thursday on her MySpace celebrity blog, telling fans she's been tapped to co-host this year's Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve.

"I am so excited I can barely type!" writes the singer. "I have known about this for over a month now and I am shocked that I have kept it secret for this long."

The North Carolinian says she is looking forward to being in Manhattan's Times Square for the 37th annual event. "I can't think of a better way to bring in 2009," she says.

In the post, the 2006 Idol alumna also expressed glee about the upcoming release of her second CD. "My brand new album is going to be in stores on September 30," she writes. "That's less than 2 weeks away. WAHOOOOO! I cannot wait for you all to hear it."

The self-titled effort is the follow-up to her October 2006 debut, Small Town Girl, which reached No. 1 on the Billboard country chart. Its success helped her earn a Best New Artist nomination at this year's Country Music Association Awards, airing live from Nashville on CBS Nov. 12.
    She should be pretty funny.........

FYI: Her CD and Jennifer Hudson's will be released on the same day!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Kellies album was released yesterday. So was JHud’s. It’ll be interesting to see how they fare. I expect Kellie will outsell Jennifer, but I have been wrong before.

CMT : News : Kellie Pickler Shares Her Secret to Keep From Going Crazy

Kellie Pickler Shares Her Secret to Keep From Going Crazy
    Former American Idol Finalist Releases New Album and Joins Sugarland Tour

Kellie Pickler first made a name for herself on American Idol, but she firmly insists that there are no more reality shows in her future.

"I've been offered so many reality shows just to have people follow me around," she tells CMT.com. "I don't see why anybody would want to follow me around all day because I'm really not that interesting. I told my manager, 'I can't do it. It'd be like 'bleep bleep.' They wouldn't be able to show anything. It'd be like a whole television show of nothing. It would be muted the whole way. There would be no talking, and I'd probably get committed into some home. ... They'd probably take me away to some psychiatric ward because I'm nuts. But, yeah, I can't have one unless they have it on, like, HBO at night."

Instead, the 22-year-old native of Albemarle, N.C., is promoting her new, self-titled album by touring as an opening act for Sugarland's Love on the Inside tour. She introduced herself to lead singer Jennifer Nettles during a dress rehearsal for an awards show, and Nettles immediately replied, "I just love you, Kellie Pickler!"

Nettles is not alone. Pickler's heartfelt video for "I Wonder" won three fan-voted CMT Music Awards in April -- the most of any artist that night. In the poignant song, taken from her 2006 debut album, Small Town Girl, a daughter comes to terms with being abandoned by her mother. Pickler, raised by her grandparents, co-wrote the song based on her own experiences and she still tears up when she sings it live. She admits that she has a hard time drawing a line between her work and her personal life. Breakup songs in particular -- both lighthearted and devastating -- permeate her second album.

"They always say you should leave your bags at the door and pick them up on your way out, and I totally agree," she says. "But in my case, I can't do that. My bags are my songs. 'I Wonder' -- that's a bag that I have to carry with me every time I go onstage. It's really hard to draw that line between my private, personal life and my music because I don't know how to sing about anything that I don't believe in. I can't. I've had hundreds of songs that have been pitched to me that the label thought, 'This is Kellie Pickler. She needs to cut this song.' And I hear it and I'm like, 'There is no way I'm gonna sing this song. It is not me.'

"I just feel like it's important to carry out the tradition of country music -- and that is keeping it real," she continues. "You know, you can't listen to a Dolly [Parton] record and not feel like you're getting to know her, because her music is real. So I really want to convey who I am in my music, as well."

She catches herself rambling and quickly asks, "Does that make any sense at all? It's really hard to draw that dividing line and separate anything. It's kind of one big chunk. One big mess, one hot mess."

One of Pickler's best friends, Taylor Swift, insisted that they write a song together after Pickler couldn't seem to get past a rocky breakup. The resulting song, "The Best Days of Your Life," taught her the value in writing things down -- and then letting them go.

"I strongly encourage anyone who's going through any kind of heartache or loss -- or maybe they're happy and they're just so excited and they want to get it out -- the best thing to do is to write it down," she says. "You know, talking's great, but actually writing it down on paper is so therapeutic, and it's a way of releasing things and throwing it out there and getting it out. Because my mind is so crazy, I'm really so ADD. I'm all over the place all the time, I really am, and I am constantly going in 40 different directions nonstop all the time. It literally keeps me up. I didn't go to bed until 5 a.m. this morning. I lay in bed, and a lot of times, I just have to get something and write. I have pens and paper everywhere I go, and I just write all the time, just write stuff down, just to get it out so I'll shut up and stop thinking about it. But I encourage that for anyone that's crazy -- if they are crazy like me."

Everybody's had a good laugh about Pickler's TV antics, like when she didn't know what calamari was or how to pronounce "salmon" or that there was a European country called Hungary. ("I've heard of Turkey, but Hungary?") But off-camera, she's fired several members of her management team, making these serious decisions when she was just 20 years old.

"I don't think I realized the kind of responsibility I was signing up for, and it's so crucial that I do play a number amount of shows a year, and I do make the right career choices," she says. "That's where it's so important to have a great manager that's going to help you make the best career choices, long term. Because it's all about the long term, not the sprint. What might seem like a wonderful opportunity today, 10 years down the road, you might come back and think, 'Wow, I shouldn't have done that.'"

Asked if people underestimate her because of her public persona, she says, "Yeah, and I think that's good. I think it's great because I'm like a snake. I like to sneak around and they don't know, they don't expect it, and then I bite their ass. ... It's so funny because people watch a five-minute clip of me on TV and they think they know me. I'm like, 'You do not know me. I'm crazy. There's so much more to me than that.' But it's probably a good thing they don't see."

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3209154;
    Kellies album was released yesterday. So was JHudís. Itíll be interesting to see how they fare. I expect Kellie will outsell Jennifer, but I have been wrong before.
    I see Kellie's selling more too....apart from the country fanbase being loyal, Kellie has been out there more as a singer and JHud has been known more as the actress so she's got to break through that hurdle.

Asked if people underestimate her because of her public persona, she says, "Yeah, and I think that's good. I think it's great because I'm like a snake. I like to sneak around and they don't know, they don't expect it, and then I bite their ass. ... It's so funny because people watch a five-minute clip of me on TV and they think they know me. I'm like, 'You do not know me. I'm crazy. There's so much more to me than that.' But it's probably a good thing they don't see."
    This quote cracked me up! She's always amused me and I have to say I'd watch a reality show with her because she does crack me up.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3209223;
    I see Kellie's selling more too....apart from the country fanbase being loyal, Kellie has been out there more as a singer and JHud has been known more as the actress so she's got to break through that hurdle.

This quote cracked me up! She's always amused me and I have to say I'd watch a reality show with her because she does crack me up.

Looks like we are going to be way wrong on the sales front. Projections for next week have JH trending toward 212,000, with Kellie way back at 40,000.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I always thought Kellie was cute and amusing, but never was really a fan. I'm not into country music anyway. But I thought this was a really nice view into her heart.
    FOXNews.com - Pop Tarts: Kellie Pickler Encourages Young Girls to Hold On to Their 'Innocence' - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Pop Tarts: Kellie Pickler Encourages Young Girls to Hold On to Their 'Innocence'
    Wednesday, October 15, 2008
    By Hollie McKay

LOS ANGELES ó With her bottle-blonde hair and breast implants, one could argue that Kellie Pickler comes across as the "naughty little minx" that Simon Cowell once called her during the fifth season of "American Idol." But the country crooner is upholding a moral ground on her upcoming album by encouraging young girls to maintain their "innocence" for as long as possible.

"I need to sing about real things that I relate to and are part of me and my life, I think it's important to keep it real," Pickler told us in reference to her self-titled album which debuted at number one on the country charts last week. "The first time people hear 'Donít You Know Youíre Beautiful,' they always think Iím singing about outer beauty but its so much more deep than that. My favorite verse is the second verse which goes: ĎHey there little homecoming queen in that back seat, I bet his brown eyes are promising you everything and I know you want to be just like your friends. But heíll still love you if you donít give in, but if those girls were being honest that have been where youíre at, I bet theyíll tell you they wish they had their innocence back.í"

So for all the young women out there who look up to Pickler as their "Idol", she has a few words of wisdom Ö

"Hold onto that innocence because it is so beautiful and cherish it because its priceless ó and once it's gone, you cant get it back," she said. "I think it's important for all women, young girls as well as adults to love what you see when you look in the mirror, to love your heart."

Pickler also poured her own heart out about her USO tour through Iraq last Christmas, where she spent several weeks entertaining Coalition troops.

"It was the most incredible thing I had ever done in my entire life, it was so life changing just being able to take a little piece of home to the men and women that are serving our countries," the 22-year-old said. "I think the most incredible thing that I took from it was the knowledge of all the great things that they are doing like providing pure drinking water, homes, helping clean up the streets, helping build a civilized government, school supplies - itís incredible. These are the things that are never capitalized on and they never give credit and talk about. It was so great to go there and build those relationships with the soldiers, shake hands and give hugs and try to get their minds off of things. It was by far the most amazing thing I had ever done and I am very excited and happy to say that I am going back next year."

FORT Fogey

Kellie's real life is country song waiting to be written. She's had such a tough life, yet she seems to really know what's important in life and seems to work hard at remaining sane and grounded.

I always liked her. And I'm not a country music fan. I remember that she and Katherine McPhee were pretty close during the show. I wonder if that friendship has remained in tact.
    Last edited by Jexter; 10-15-2008 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3217924;
    Kellie's real life is country song waiting to be written. She's had such a tough life, yet she seems to really know what's important in life and seems to work hard at remaining sane and grounded.

I always liked her. And I'm not a country music fan. I remember that she and Katherine McPhee were pretty close during the show. I wonder if that friendship has remained in tact.
    Yes it has, she was one of Kat's bridesmaids at her wedding.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3217984;
    Yes it has, she was one of Kat's bridesmaids at her wedding.
    Thanks for sharing. That's good news.

+ Reply to Thread