+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by jasminefan View Post
    Last week did anyone notice Ryan asking her whether this was her first time performing on stage and she said it was so? Apparently Kellie had taken part in the Miss North Carolina pageant before and I would think that that involved a stage much larger than the one AI has.

http://www.geocities.com/missusamagicj/ncarolina2004.html
    I'm not surprised and I'm sure she was crying her "tears of joy" at that pageant too

FORT Newbie
    Ha ha. I just realized who kellie pickler reminds me of. KRISTINA APPLEGATE from married with children. LOL They could be sisters, maybe. They are nice to look at but I'm not sure anyone really wants to listen to them.

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar
    cute story, not so great vocals. i don't want to see her in the finals

I think that too many people are focusing on her "story" and not on her actual talent. She is nowhere near the top six girls in terms of singing ability and I would hate to think she is going to fake cry and "aw shucks" her way in. Last night she sounded horrible. All I could think was Fantasia got into the Top 12 with that song and Kelly was nowhere near as good as Fantasia last night.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    I think that too many people are focusing on her "story" and not on her actual talent. She is nowhere near the top six girls in terms of singing ability and I would hate to think she is going to fake cry and "aw shucks" her way in. . .
    Yo, check this out dawg -- she'll be a shoo-in if she continues to try new and exotic dishes (like spinach salad), and then reports back to us. If Simon was so enamored with the "calamari" bit, he'll probably pop a boner when she reports back next week about her experience at a sushi joint:

Kellie: I drank sake -- that's Japanese for moonshine -- and ate some kind of fish called sashimi. I didn't like it; it was kinda underdone -- they didn't fry it long enough.

Simon: Sah-SHEE-mee! America's in love with you! We'll throw a parade in your honor!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I think that too many people are focusing on her "story" and not on her actual talent. She is nowhere near the top six girls in terms of singing ability and I would hate to think she is going to fake cry and "aw shucks" her way in. Last night she sounded horrible. All I could think was Fantasia got into the Top 12 with that song and Kelly was nowhere near as good as Fantasia last night.
    I guess trotting her baby across stage did not hurt Fantasia either. Mind you I was not a fan but I feel that everyone has their own little quirks but not all Southern people are backwards. I for one like Kellie because I think that she is cute and I love her personality. I agree that singing is what this competition was made for but you have to bring more to the table than just a good voice. Look at the criticism that Ayla took last night with the emphasis on mechanical.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

Quote Originally Posted by pintobean View Post
    I guess trotting her baby across stage did not hurt Fantasia either. Mind you I was not a fan but I feel that everyone has their own little quirks but not all Southern people are backwards. I for one like Kellie because I think that she is cute and I love her personality. I agree that singing is what this competition was made for but you have to bring more to the table than just a good voice. Look at the criticism that Ayla took last night with the emphasis on mechanical.
    It's not that I think she is backwards, I feel she is putting on an act that too many people are eating up with a spoon. She is pretty insulting at times with the way she acts. She is making it seem as if there is no spohistication to be found in the South. The "gosh-darn" act doesn't feel genuine to me, but more an act put on to garner votes. That's what frustrates me as much as I really don't think she can sing!

It's not that I think she is backwards, I feel she is putting on an act that too many people are eating up with a spoon. She is pretty insulting at times with the way she acts. She is making it seem as if there is no spohistication to be found in the South. The "gosh-darn" act doesn't feel genuine to me, but more an act put on to garner votes. That's what frustrates me as much as I really don't think she can sing!
    Our local radio station has talked to several people that know Kellie and says that it is not an act that this is exactly how she is all the time. I think that whether they told her story or not I would still like her because I think that she is genuinely sweet but with that said I'm not saying that she will win American Idol. I think that it will probably take her further in the competition than it should. I think that she does portray some southern girls that have never had nothing in their life and now they are experiencing new things for the first time. I am speculating that though her grandfather loves her that he did not expose her to alot of things that others may take for granted. Just my opinion since I don't know the family.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

FORT Fogey

I thought she was pretty good last night. Certainly, she didn't sing it as well as Fantasia did, but then again, none of the women from this season are as good as Fantasia.

I don't hate this girl, but people like her generally just irritate me. I guess it's because I don't really have a soft spot for the hopelessly naive. They tend to get on my nerves. I don't really think she's being fake or anything like that. She's probably always this sugary sweet and innocent... but come on... Daddy's in prison, Mamma's not there. GET ANGRY. With her backstory, you'd think she'd be a little "harder."

Her singing is just so-so in my books. She can sing, hold a note, etc., but it's all kind of bland in my opinion. Maybe it's because all the girls were blah last night. But it would have been great for at least one of them to stand out.
    "They want you to do a TV show?"
    "Well, they want me to come up with an idea. I don't have any ideas."
    "C'mon, how hard is that? Look at all the junk that's on TV."
    - George and Jerry, in "The Pitch"

+ Reply to Thread