+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2264612;
    Kellie can sing. Didn't you hear her sing perfectly on the results show last week?
    Of course she can sing. I've heard her do it very well before (though not every time).

But last Thursday she looked like she was lip-synching (or at least singing on top of a pre-recorded track that was what the audience was hearing). I wouldn't stake big bucks on it, but it sure looked like that to me.
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Here is a really nice review of Kellies new single from Billboard Magazine.

I Wonder

The second single from Kellie Pickler's striking debut, "Small Town Girl," rips a page from her diary. She co-wrote this revealing ballad about her mother, who left when Pickler was a child, and the artist now has no contact with her. In the lyric, Pickler reflects on missed moments (braiding hair, getting ready for prom) and wonders if her mother ever thinks about her. The most powerful music is that which draws from real life, and this is heartbreakingly honest and vulnerable. Yet among the hurt and confusion, Pickler emerges as a survivor. Country music at its finest from one of the format's most impressive new talents. —Deborah Evans Price

Re: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Kellie has been added to the performance lineup for CMA Music Fest in Nashville this June. Not only will she be performing there for the first time, but they have given her a slot on the big stage in the stadium, potentially 50,000 - 60,000 folks in the stands. Sweet stuff for Kellie, and she joins a nice lineup. This will be the final night of the show & it was previously announced that Brad Paisley would have the final slot.

• Sunday, June 10, 2007
    o LP Field
     6:30 PM
    Gates Open
     8:00 PM
    Nightly Concert at LP Field
    Performances by Rodney Atkins, Big & Rich, Billy Currington, Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley, Kellie Pickler, Taylor Swift, and Gretchen Wilson.

Apparantely Kellie will be a part of the televised portion of the program on GAC Sat. Night for those of you that get the channel.

4/21 Grand Ole Opry House Kellie Pickler, Marty Stuart, Pam Tillis, Jimmy C. Newman, The Whites, Mel McDaniel, Restless Heart, Dusty Drake

I absolutely adore Kellie and think that her video for "I Wonder2 is awesome.
    bring janice back. now.

Quote Originally Posted by FanUruguay;2345384;
    I absolutely adore Kellie and think that her video for "I Wonder2 is awesome.
    Kellies performance on the Opry Sat. night was pretty special. She opened the show with a cover of her Idol Dolly Parton's Nine to Five. Then she returned later to sing Red High Heels, & ended by sitting on the edge of the stage & doing I Wonder. There were some tears from her & the audience & she received a standing ovation. For those that don't watch the Opry let me just tell you that it is a pretty staid crowd & standing ovations are few & very far between. She really looked & sounded good.

Did she or didn't she?

She's following in her idol Dolly Parton's foot steps isn't she?
    LAS VEGAS Kellie Pickler is remaining mum about her recently enhanced figure that was noticeable during her last American Idol appearance.

On Ryan Seacrest's radio show Monday, he asked her if she had a breast augmentation. "I don't know," Kellie told him, according to People. "You know me, Ryan, I like to be the center of attention, and right now me and the girls, we are pretty much getting a lot of attention. I like to keep it a mystery. Let the mystery live on because as soon as I say yes or no, then no one is going to care anymore."

During Monday's ACM New Artists show, the usually bubbly Kellie began crying while singing "I Wonder," which is about her nonexistent relationship with her mother as she does most nights on tour. She told the crowd that a Wisconsin woman had decided to leave her husband and four children, and when she got in the car, "I Wonder" was on the radio. "She quickly turned the car around," says Kellie, explaining that the woman didn't want her own daughter to sing that song one day.

But Kellie's able to leave her sadness onstage. "She'll put on a red wig and Billy Bob teeth and sit on someone's shoulders in the front row and try to freak me out," says Taylor Swift. "She's my source of entertainment on the road."
    Kellie remains coy about her new look - Nashville, Tennessee - Wednesday, 05/16/07 - Tennessean.com

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

I am going to see Kellie open up for Brad Paisley tomorrow with Taylor Swift and Jack Ingram. I was not a fan of hers on the show, but I'm excited to see what she's like after I've had a few beers.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Pickler adjusts beyond 'Idol'
    Fri, May 18, 2007

The Associated Press

CHARLOTTE, N.C. Life for Kellie Pickler has definitely changed since she competed on "American Idol" last year.

The beauty school dropout from Albemarle has moved to Nashville, Tenn.; released an album; and was nominated for a new female vocalist award at the Academy of Country Music Awards.

And those plastic surgery rumors?

"Oh, my boobs? I don't care," the 20-year-old singer told WCNC-TV in Charlotte recently. "You know what? The most important thing is you're happy with what you see when you look in the mirror."

Pickler, who has been touring with Brad Paisley, said she's happy with herself and believes what's important is on the inside.

"And your real friends are gonna love you regardless of what you look like, whether you're a negative A cup or a triple D," she said. "They're gonna love you just because you're you."

She's not in a serious relationship, Pickler said, but does have her eye on an unnamed Nashville hockey player.

"Everyone always says we're the 'hockey-tonk hookup' or whatever in Nashville. It's kind of cute," she said. "He has introduced me to so many different types of food. I've been eating raw fish. It's kind of weird. I ate eel the other day."

Pickler said she wants to start a family someday but she's not planning to settle down anytime soon.

"If it's meant to be then it will happen," she said. "If not, then I'll just be an old hag that lives by herself with a bunch of cats."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

wanna check you for ticks SecondBase's Avatar

Kellie outshined Jack Ingram and Taylor Swift last night at the Brad Paisley show. she looked and sounded stunning. i was very impressed with her set

+ Reply to Thread