+ Reply to Thread
Page 104 of 118 FirstFirst ... 454949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1171
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://wkrn.com/nashville/news/ameri...tion/69483.htm

"'American Idol' Alum Gets Some Unwanted Attention"

“American Idol” alum Kellie Pickler seems to be kicking up her Red High Heels since she's moved to Nashville. She's been spotted around town kicking it with Predators’ Jordan Tootoo and some of his teammates .

Pickler, however, is only 20, and isn’t yet allowed in bars. Monday night, Pickler was on-stage at Broadway honky-tonk The Stage, singing and having a blast. After four songs, a staffer recognized her and asked her to leave.

Two nights earlier, Pickler and the Predators were having fun at the Tin Roof on Demonbreun Street. At one point, she was lying on her back on the bar.

According to her publicist, Pickler isn't drinking. He told News 2, "She's having fun, but it's good, clean 20-year-old fun. Her favorite drink is virgin Pina Colada, so if you see her out, buy her one or two."

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...58/1001/NEWS01

OCALA - Kellie Pickler is coming to the Paddock Mall and she won't be shopping.

Pickler, the popular "American Idol" contestant and rising country music star, is scheduled to appear at the mall Jan. 15 at 6 p.m., for a free, outdoor concert, according to K-Country radio.

"We've worked out a deal with Kellie's record company for her to appear at the mall," said Jim Robertson, general manager of WOGK-FM 93.7. "She's going to be here on Jan. 15, and we expect a huge turnout of her fans." That is Martin Luther King Jr. Day, a holiday, which might add to the size of the crowd.

It is the first music concert by a national artist at the mall in recent memory. Robertson said there is no way to predict a turnout but he expects "hundreds of fans" and maybe more.

Pickler, 20, will perform on an outdoor stage, Robertson added. The stage is expected to be located near the entrance of the JC Penney store. Robertson said the radio station and security personnel at the mall are still working on arrangements for the show. Some parking spaces will be blocked off for the stage area.

"We expect her to perform for about a half hour," Robertson said. He also said Pickler is expected to sign autographs after the performance.

"She has been on a tour of cities making these promotional appearances," Robertson said. "Some of them are at bigger venues and others are private listening parties. We wanted to open it up so everyone here will get a chance to see her."

Although Pickler was eliminated from "American Idol" finals last spring, she charmed fans with her blond hair, good looks and country-girl sense of humor. US Weekly magazine came out with a story on her called, "Kellie: The Next Jessica Simpson," due to her "sweet Southern style and ditzy demeanor."

Pickler's vocals and personality have been compared to a young Dolly Parton. In November, Pickler's first album, "Small Town Girl" debuted at No. 1 on the country charts.

Despite her sunny personality, Pickler, who was born and raised in North Carolina, had a difficult life. She has said she was abandoned by her mother as a child and raised by her grandparents. She claimed her father, Clyde "Bo" Pickler Jr., had a lifetime problem with drugs and alcohol. He was recently released from Florida State Prison.

On stage, though, Pickler glows with joy.

"There's something about her that people love," said the K-Country radio personality known as Mr. Bob. "I can't wait to see her in Ocala."

Kellie's tour schedule....

Press release

January 9, 2007
    Brad Announces 2007 Tour: Hershey’s Presents Bonfires & Amplifiers
    Brad announces his 2007 tour, Hershey’s Presents Bonfires & Amplifiers Tour with special guests Jack Ingram, Kellie Pickler and Taylor Swift. Kick-off date is scheduled for April 26 in Chattanooga, TN. The Hershey Company and its Hershey’s Milk Chocolate brand are proud to sponsor Brad Paisley and his upcoming national tour. Brad Paisley and Hershey’s Milk Chocolate have the ability to put smiles on the faces of their fans, making this the perfect partnership!

Actual listing of tour stops:
    Tour info

Congrats to Kellie on this! It should be a big boost to her career!

Kellie will be back helping to co-host on The View on January 18th and 19th.

Wouldn't you love to hear her talk some smack about Donald???!

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2202541;
    Kellie will be back helping to co-host on The View on January 18th and 19th.

Wouldn't you love to hear her talk some smack about Donald???!
    I'm actually tired of the Rosie/Donald smack.......but perhaps Kellie could make me see it in a whole new light. She just had a way of bringing a smile to my face.

Quote Originally Posted by Kresge;2202610;
    I'm actually tired of the Rosie/Donald smack.......but perhaps Kellie could make me see it in a whole new light. She just had a way of bringing a smile to my face.
    I would just like to hear her talk in her southern "accent" (of which I have one myself) and hear what kind of jibber jabber she might say.....you know whatever it is would be funny!

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2202611;
    I would just like to hear her talk in her southern "accent" (of which I have one myself) and hear what kind of jibber jabber she might say.....you know whatever it is would be funny!
    Kellie is funny.....I sure got a kick out of her on the Ellen show....the 2 of them had me truly laughing out loud!

Actually, I wish the view would have a younger hostess.....and someone without such a privileged background.....now THAT would make for a different VIEW.

Not sure if Kellie could handle it on a regular basis though.....???

I need to buy this girl's CD. I was a big fan of hers during Idol, and I just seem out of the loop because I don't know anything about release dates for my faves (Taylor, Kellie, Elliott).

Glad to hear she's doing well.
    Why is it boys talk so much, when they have nothing to say? And girls have plenty to say, but no one will listen?
    --Vada Sultenfuss

FORT Fan

Kellie Pickler at St. Jude's Hospital

Tour dates for Kellie:

Tour Dates

+ Reply to Thread