+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 118 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1171
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

Oops, senior moment going on here. I was thinking of Carrie's new cd. (She does have one, doesn't she?)

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Oops, senior moment going on here. I was thinking of Carrie's new cd. (She does have one, doesn't she?)
    I think Carrie does have a CD out, but I'll have to check her thread to be sure. Don't worry though I have those senior moments also.

Premium Member
    I heard it for the first time today and I liked it. It surprised me that I liked it.

Kellie Pickler to Sing National Anthem

http://www.whowon.com/sresults.asp?SanctionID=230&St oryID=205674

Thursday, October 5, 2006

American Idol Star Kellie Pickler to Sing National Anthem Prior to Oct. 14 Bank of America 500 NASCAR Race

by Jerry Gappens

CONCORD, N.C. -- "American Idol" finalist and country music recording sensation Kellie Pickler will return to her home state Saturday night, Oct. 14, to perform the national anthem prior to the Bank of America 500 NASCAR Nextel Cup Series race at Lowe's Motor Speedway.
    Pickler, who grew up approximately 20 miles from the speedway in Albemarle, N.C., recently hit the airwaves with her debut single, "Red High Heels." Her first CD, "Hometown Girl," will be released on Oct. 31 by 19 Recordings/BNA Records.

Pickler recorded the CD between her commitments to the American Idols Live Tour 2006, which took the stars of the hit television program to 55 cities during a 10-week span this summer. The CD contains several songs Pickler co-wrote, including her debut single.

"I'm so excited to sing the national anthem at the race in Charlotte," said Pickler. "The national anthem is a challenging song and when you sing it you have to start off low so you can hit that high note.

I'm proud and honored to have been asked to perform it for such a prestigious event."

"With her small-town charm, Kellie caught the imagination of the American public during the 'American Idol' competition," said H.A. "Humpy" Wheeler, president and general manager of Lowe's Motor Speedway. "Her popularity will rival that of many of the drivers when she performs for the Bank of America 500. She represents all that is good about Americana."

Pre-race ceremonies for the Bank of America 500, the only night race in the 10-race Chase for the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup, begin at 5:40 p.m on Saturday, Oct. 14, and the 500-mile battle is scheduled to start at 7:20 p.m.

Tickets for Bojangles' Pole Night on Thursday, Oct. 12; the Dollar General 300 NASCAR Busch Series race on Friday night, Oct. 13; and the Bank of America 500 are still available and can be purchased at www.lowesmotorspeedway.com or by calling 1-800-455-FANS.

There hasn't been a press release yet, but I have it on pretty good authority that Kellie will not only be presenting an award at the CMA's in Nov., but will also be one of the hosts for the red carpet show.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan View Post
    http://www.whowon.com/sresults.asp?SanctionID=230&St oryID=205674

She represents all that is good about Americana."
    No she is not. At least not for all of us.

If playing a stupid "naive" blonde girl on TV is representing "all that is good about Americana" I have a Brooklyn Bridge to sell the author of the quote.

Of course JMHO.

FORT Fogey
    I just heard Kellie's rendition of the SSB on you tube. I'm extremely impressed. I've always been a fan, but also realized that she was not always on point. I think she must have taken lessons recently because she sounded wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah;2104488;
    I just heard Kellie's rendition of the SSB on you tube. I'm extremely impressed. I've always been a fan, but also realized that she was not always on point. I think she must have taken lessons recently because she sounded wonderful!
    I saw her sing it on Nascar Saturday night and she sounded good to me, too. I like her and hope that she continues to do well.

Kellie was on GAC Nights last night. She had a 1/2 hr, interview with Suzanne Alexander & she picked 3 videos for them to play. She talked about the Idols Tour, their relations with the judges(they don't see the judges at all until the night of the performance & then not again until next week), recording her album, & shooting the video. She was unbeat & vibrant & looking forward to what the future holds. She is in the process of moving to Nashville. It is good to see her getting some positive play from the Country press & TV Stations.

FORT Fan

+ Reply to Thread