+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 118 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Kellie Pickler - Season 5

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by LiVvV View Post
    I think GImme the mike! is more than a public show, it was a tv show, so I think it's pretty big. We have one GImme the mike! every year in Portland also.
    (Shrug) It's a tv show. But i guess when compared to AI it's rather insignificant. That's what Kellie meant, I suppose.

We learn something new about Miss Pickler everyday.

FORT Fan
    She is not without her faults, but in overall I find Kellie an interesting performer and individual.

Can we say "Over-rated & Sick of Cawntry?" OMG not another one..
    I'll pass lol... Not impressed here & she was SO OFF key Tuesday...
    let's get the themes goin' & we'll see if she can either sang & hang or sink & swim!

FORT Fan
    She wasn't the best, but hardly the worst.

Last week did anyone notice Ryan asking her whether this was her first time performing on stage and she said it was so? Apparently Kellie had taken part in the Miss North Carolina pageant before and I would think that that involved a stage much larger than the one AI has.

http://www.geocities.com/missusamagicj/ncarolina2004.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jasminefan; 02-27-2006 at 08:20 AM.

I'm from Mt. Airy, NC and this is very close to Winston-Salem, Greensboro, and High Point as far as populated towns nearby. Each of these cities have their own local news station and I have never heard of Gimme the Mike. I only heard of this program since Kellie made it on American Idol. I too feel that she is sincere in what she says and I have no reason to question her. I don't think that she will win but hope that she does well. I guess she gets my sympathy vote.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

I just don't understand why coming from a certain background is garnering automatic sympathy and belief. She could be exactly what she seems to be, but I'm certainly listening to my inner "judge", who's replying back that at the very least she hasn't really shown all that much talent.

Does the show craft images? Sure. Just as, sometimes, outsiders takes stabs at people without proof. All I can really go on is what my ears are hearing. So far? It ain't happening.

Plus, please... no more grandpa sandwich stories. The fact that somewhere in the real world there are some lovely charming people who tell stories like this doesn't mean it makes good TV. It matters not if it's sincere or a producer-trained act. It's annoying, at least in my opinion.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    . . .And it really doesn't have to be a female. The men are just as apt to start to tell a story & 10 minutes later they still haven't gotten to the point, but it has been an entertaining 10 minutes. . .
    It must be a cultural thing. When I was in Alabama and Mississippi, I found it to be a very annoying "10 minutes" -- especially when all that was needed was a quick bit of information and needed to get to an appointment on time. Or does being punctual not matter down there? (Someone please enlighten me, because personally, being late drives me nuts!)
    Last edited by Ellen; 02-27-2006 at 06:37 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Newbie
    So, she's likable eh? Well, not to me.

+ Reply to Thread