+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 145 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

FORT Fanatic

I loved her

I think she is beautiful and her voice is so pure. I sometimes think they must sound different live then they do on TV. I thought Ayla was wonderful and they gave her horrible reviews. So sometimes I just don't agree with them.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by TLynnMartin View Post
    I think she is beautiful and her voice is so pure. I sometimes think they must sound different live then they do on TV. I thought Ayla was wonderful and they gave her horrible reviews. So sometimes I just don't agree with them.
    They gave Ayla mostly favorable reviews.

Oy, her antics really get on my nerves. They seem attention-seeking, and I just hate that. It's one thing to be goofy, another to try to be a goof.

Still, her voice can be beautiful. Last night I wasn't as impressed with her as the judges were either, but she can certainly sing well, and she does deserve a place in the top 12. I think she deserves a place in the top 6.

Ok I officially have a girl crush! I loved Katharine last night .. for all the same reasons Krom did.
    I don't wanna gush so I'll step out now
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

She was good last night, and I liked the self-depreciating humor. She ought to make the top 12 easily.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

FORT Newbie
    She looks like a cross between Laura Kightlinger and Amanda Bynes.

Duxxy & Krom, I totally agree with your assessments about Katharine. She was great last night, and I, too, have a total girl-crush! I hope she goes far.

Also, it's been bugging me how familiar she looks, and I realized that she bears a striking resemblance to actress Leslie Bibb (on Crossing Jordan & I know I've seen her on other shows), well, IMO anyway. Can't post a pic for whatever reason, sorry!

It's absolutely been killing me. While her singing voice is absolutely clear, Katherine seems to have a little bit of a lisp in her normal speaking voice. It doesn't bother me (in fact, it's cute, like most of her affectations) but what's driving me nuts is both in looks, and in terms of her lispy speaking voice, there's some actress out there who I recall as something of a dead ringer for Miss McPhee (although no doubt whoever it is must be much older since it's an old memory). It's driving me bonkers not remembering more than a general impression and no details.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

It's Rachel Leigh Cook, Krom.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    It's Rachel Leigh Cook, Krom.
    Rachel Leigh Cook lisps?

Even if so, I'm doubting it, only because she's short and Katherine is tall. Damn, it's gonna kill me if I don't dig this memory out.

I was thinking Parker Posey at one point, but I think she only lisped in one film.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread