+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 145 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

She was on the top of my list from last night's show.

Lex
    Her performance last night was weird. Not at all up to par with her past performances. I couldn't put my finger on it, but something about it was really weirding me out. Hope she does better next week.

She has the most beautiful tone quality, quite possibly the best pure voice the show has ever seen. She has an amazing recording voice. I only hope she proves to be consistent when singing live.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite42 View Post
    Sorry, can't agree. Katharine used more stage in this performance than Carrie did all season .

Quote Originally Posted by felix View Post
    I was formerly a Kellie fan (I still am, in a strange way), but I was very impressed by Katherine's performance last night. She was regal, beautiful and had a real sense of class. Realistically speaking, I feel she is one of the few female contenders who has a shot of winning the title this year.
    After the initial auditions I was rooting for Kellie, Katharine, and Lisa. I’m still betting on Katharine and Lisa, but I’m worried about Kellie. I still think she could go all the way if she can just get over her nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by mom3 View Post
    Wow! Katharine is really good. If her singing hadn't won me over, her comment about the people behind her having to look at her butt during the performance would have!
    Not just that one, I laughed out loud and at a number of her comments and reactions. She is just so genuine. I think she’s the most adorable in a group that sports a few adorable girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    She's got a sort of duality that's also attractive
    That’s the word I was searching for.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    She absolutely rocked tonight. Top 5? I say she is the last woman standing.
    I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
    She has the most beautiful tone quality, quite possibly the best pure voice the show has ever seen. She has an amazing recording voice. I only hope she proves to be consistent when singing live.
    I agree, and I think she will remain consistent. Being the daughter of a vocal teacher gives her a good foundation to work from.

OK, now that I’m done gushing I’d like to vent. I think it’s about time someone informed all of the contestants who ‘originally’ recorded the songs they sing. Katharine isn’t the first to make this mistake. It happens often each season.

The original recording of Since I Fell For You, was done by Lenny Welch in 1963 not Barbara Streisand. Ahhh... I remember it like it was yesterday.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Her performance last night was weird. Not at all up to par with her past performances. I couldn't put my finger on it, but something about it was really weirding me out. Hope she does better next week.

It was weird, but that might be because she isn't use to performing like this, that is, on a national TV show seen by millions. She is only 21 after all, and probably doesn't have a lot of stage experience.

So far my favorite female. This girl has an incredible voice, and she has a huge likable factor.

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    It was weird, but that might be because she isn't use to performing like this, that is, on a national TV show seen by millions. She is only 21 after all, and probably doesn't have a lot of stage experience.
    That might be it. And as we see her week after week (and I have no doubt that we will), I hope she gets better at the performance stuff.

FORT Newbie
    Serious talent.

Yesterday was my first episode of the season (I have a tendency to skip over the audition process) and I was really expecting a lot because my local newspaper pegged her and Ace Young as the two that would make it all the way...And she didn't disappoint! What an incredible tone of voice!

Anybody else think she sorta looks like a mix of Jess Alba + Sophia Bush (from One Tree Hill)?

She has a great voice with good control and she's cute as a button. But, for some reason, I didn't like her performance last night. I hope she does better in the future.

FORT Fogey
    I like this girl, but I did not enjoy her performance last night nearly as much as the judges did. Also, while she seems very sweet, she is also incredibly strange and goofy. Can you imagine what she'd be like intoxicated at a party?

+ Reply to Thread