+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 145 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

FORT Fogey
    She rocked tonight and will be in the top 5 without a doubt.

She has a outstanding voice but needs some work on her stage presence ( a little like Carrie last season)..but I think it will come!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by cabernetCally View Post
    She has a outstanding voice but needs some work on her stage presence ( a little like Carrie last season)..but I think it will come!
    Sorry, can't agree. Katharine used more stage in this performance than Carrie did all season (it's hyperbole, but you get the point).

FORT Fan
    I was formerly a Kellie fan (I still am, in a strange way), but I was very impressed by Katherine's performance last night. She was regal, beautiful and had a real sense of class. Realistically speaking, I feel she is one of the few female contenders who has a shot of winning the title this year.

Her eyes...are luminous. (Shakes head in disbelief) I can see Katherine as a Celion Dion/Diva sort of career. I doubt she'll be a mega success like Kelly or Carrie, but Katherine should be fairly successful if all goes well.

Maybe its because my taste for music (Adult Contemporary,Country) runs along Katherine's lines. Katherine fans, you've got another supporter right here.

Frankly, I was a little underwhelmed by last night performances, Paris, Mendissa, Katherine were the standouts. The rest were tepid mostly.

1)O'Donahue, I must admit surprised me with her showmanship. Her voice was average at best (6.5, like Simon says), but her enthusiasm showed evidently. I doubt she'll reach the Top 12, but I would be pleasantly surprised if she pulled it off. O'Donahue would probably make a better model than a singer.

2)Kellie...oh Kellie. You were my favourite so far. I doubted you would be able to win AI5, but I hoped you would reach the Top 4 and secure a recording career. Judging your performance last night, that prospect seems doubtful. Stop harping about your sad-sack past! It's just putting people off, making you look like a showboat. Hmm...still you have the "likeability" factor and I can take you far, if you can utilise it properly. I like your earnestness.

3)Most of the girls were underwhelming last night. They weren't bad, just...uninspiring. Like Simon says "Very Cabaret".

Katherine and Kellie, my hopes are with you both. Good luck!

Wow! Katharine is really good. If her singing hadn't won me over, her comment about the people behind her having to look at her butt during the performance would have! Great voice, great personality, and I agree with Victrola that she's a natural beauty. She and Lisa Tucker are at the top of my list for the girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    She rocked tonight and will be in the top 5 without a doubt.
    She absolutely rocked tonight. Top 5? I say she is the last woman standing.
    Uncle David likes this.

Leo
    Premium Member
    I didn't know really what to expect from her, and I have to agree she did very well. Lock for the top 12... and could potentially get a lot further than that.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    She did a great job last night. She seemed so comfortable up there. Very natural singer with an excellent voice.

Leo, I agree. She is definitely a lock for the top 12. Hopefully she will go further
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by mom3 View Post
    Wow! Katharine is really good. If her singing hadn't won me over, her comment about the people behind her having to look at her butt during the performance would have! Great voice, great personality, and I agree with Victrola that she's a natural beauty. She and Lisa Tucker are at the top of my list for the girls.
    That's why I like her too, aside from her voice and natural look. She's got a sort of duality that's also attractive--very confident when performing, but geeky and a bit tremulous otherwise. She's refreshing.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

can't get enough ANTM guillermoluvsme's Avatar
    Does anyone have a clip of her performance from last night...it isn't up on Fox yet.

+ Reply to Thread