+ Reply to Thread
Page 142 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4292132133134135136137138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1446
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

Re: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

Katherine on the Disney Merry Christmas Parade Show.

Katharine in Florida » idolbloglive.com

Another Idol is moving on.

Katharine McPhee: the latest Idol to go indie | American Idol, Music Biz | Hollywood Insider | EW.com

Katharine McPhee: the latest Idol to go indie
    Jan 9, 2008, 02:41 PM | by Shirley Halperin
    Categories: American Idol, Music Biz
    Another Idol label deal bites the dust. Hollywood Insider has learned that Katharine McPhee is the latest former contestant to part ways with her record company. Like season 2 winner Ruben Studdard and season 5 champ Taylor Hicks, who were signed to J and Arista Records, respectively, a rep for RCA Records confirms that McPhee is no longer on the label's roster, adding that, "Katharine is going to record her next album on her own." McPhee’s self-titled debut charted at a promising No. 2 in February 2007, but it never reached gold status. Sources close to McPhee complain the label didn’t support the album — but Idol Phatigue seems to have conquered McPheever. Still, she shouldn’t lose all hope: The singer, who is managed by Guy Oseary, makes her first feature-film appearance (opposite Anna Faris) in I Know What Boys Like later this year, and we hear she's already in talks with another label.
    As for this recent spate of Idol exits (we double-checked, and deals for Clay Aiken and Fantasia are still intact), a rep for the RCA Music Group (which includes Arista, RCA, and J Records) tells Insider, “After six seasons, we are proud of the eight artists on the roster who started their careers on the show. With respect to Taylor, we have an understanding that he will come back to us to play music once he’s finished writing his new material.”

I blame Kat's album cover.
    2003-2008.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Singer-actress Katharine McPhee married producer Nick Cokas on Saturday in Beverly Hills, her rep Justin Gray Stone confirms exclusively to PEOPLE.

The 23-year-old American Idol season five runner-up and Cokas, 42, exchanged vows in a late afternoon ceremony at Beverly Hills Presbyterian Church.

"(Nick) is the love of my life," McPhee gushed to PEOPLE. "This is a once in a lifetime occasion and everything is just perfect."

McPhee wore a strapless ivory Manuel Mota gown and Neil Lane jewels (diamond and platinum chandelier earrings and diamond and platinum bracelets), while Cokas wore an Armani tuxedo. Fellow season five Idol contestants Kellie Pickler and Mandisa were among the 305 guests on hand for the nuptials.

McPhee and Cokas met in 2005 when they performed in a Los Angeles theater production of The Ghost and Mrs. Muir. Their union began as a friendship and blossomed when McPhee auditioned for American Idol later that year.

The two quietly got engaged last year when Cokas presented her with a custom-designed round brilliant cut platinum and diamond engagement ring.

McPhee recently wrapped filming the Anna Faris comedy I Know What Boys Like.

Check out next week's PEOPLE magazine for exclusive coverage and wedding pictures!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2756981;
    I blame Kat's album cover.

I blame Kat. I dislike how she presents herself more than any other idol.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2781645;
    I blame Kat. I dislike how she presents herself more than any other idol.
    More than even Jessica Sierra?

Quote Originally Posted by Doug123;2781736;

Thank You Doug.

I'd just like to know actually what Kat has done that's not presentable.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Doug123;2781736;
    Yes.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2782850;
    Yes.

I had not heard that Katharine was arrested like Jessicano mugshots that I have seen anyway.....in fact she is doing quite well careerwise in the acting venue!

[FA edit]
    Last edited by Unklescott; 02-12-2008 at 07:54 PM. Reason: To remove haters comment

Hey, she's all about marrying those 42 year olds!

Gives old guys everywhere a ray of hope, right?

Kidding.

Apparently he's ACTUALLY 43!

Is he rich?
    Last edited by Krom; 02-11-2008 at 11:18 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread