+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3989129130131132133134135136137138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1446
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

  1. #1381
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,207

    Re: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

    Kind of funny, but I think Pickler is going to end up with more of an entertainment career than Kat. At least Pickler is getting stuff like the Leno gigs.

  2. #1382
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    5,197

    Re: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

    Quote Originally Posted by gracie727;2437304;
    Kind of funny, but I think Pickler is going to end up with more of an entertainment career than Kat. At least Pickler is getting stuff like the Leno gigs.
    I hope so. Pickler seems alot more humble than Kat. She certainly has a lot more common sense in the PR arena.

    I like Kellie. She reminds me of a young version of Dolly Parton in terms of looks and personality (not sure about voice and talent, though!).

  3. #1383
    Rock Stars! bbnbama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Age
    48
    Posts
    10,755

    Re: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

    Here are some pics from KMXV's Red, White & Boom concert that was this weekend in Kansas City (I think Daughtry also performed there!)



    And just for anyone who may be interested..............

    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

  4. #1384
    FORT Fanatic
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    HI there
    Posts
    605

    Re: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

    too bad isn't it. she's such a beautiful curvacious young woman (not bone thin model), background story of overcoming bulemia and image problem to finally accepting herself, with a talented voice (with great training can help her more) but her self righteous immature attitude kills it.

    i would say the same with jordin except instead of kat's attitude she's just too much bubbly. an overkill. but i'd take jordin any day, you can tone down bubbliness and contain it but i highly doubt kat can change her attitude. she's a total socal hollywood girl.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

  5. #1385
    FORT Fogey Tigerusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,438

    Re: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

    I've watched dozens of interviews with Kat and I just honestly don't see any of this attitude you people are talking about. She always seems funny and very open to me. Just because you know you're good at what you do doesn't mean you're arrogant. I guess if you don't like a person you're going to see what you want to see.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

  6. #1386
    It Just Is. RubyRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    577

    Re: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2438388;
    I've watched dozens of interviews with Kat and I just honestly don't see any of this attitude you people are talking about. She always seems funny and very open to me. Just because you know you're good at what you do doesn't mean you're arrogant. I guess if you don't like a person you're going to see what you want to see.

    I don't dislike Kat but believe she is a bit of a dolt, and she does have really poor judgement when speaking to the media. For instance, it was really stupid to diss her own cd, even if it wasn't all she wanted it to be. And right now Kelli Pickler is outselling her 2 to 1, so that second place finish has become kind of meaningless. So far her biggest career accomplishment is becoming second-runner-up on AI.

    It's comments like this:
    ''I'm up for a couple of big studio projects, but they weren't starring roles,'' McPhee told Hollywood Reporter." make people believe she is arrogant. What on earth makes Mcphee believe she should be "starring" in a movie role when she hasn't been in any movies yet? Or that she's too big of a star to take a smaller part in a bigger movie the way most stars begin their careers. Stupid girl. She needs someone to give her better advise.

  7. #1387
    FORT Fogey Tigerusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,438

    Re: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

    Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed;2438513;
    I don't dislike Kat but believe she is a bit of a dolt, and she does have really poor judgement when speaking to the media. For instance, it was really stupid to diss her own cd, even if it wasn't all she wanted it to be. And right now Kelli Pickler is outselling her 2 to 1, so that second place finish has become kind of meaningless. So far her biggest career accomplishment is becoming second-runner-up on AI.

    It's comments like this:
    ''I'm up for a couple of big studio projects, but they weren't starring roles,'' McPhee told Hollywood Reporter." make people believe she is arrogant. What on earth makes Mcphee believe she should be "starring" in a movie role when she hasn't been in any movies yet? Or that she's too big of a star to take a smaller part in a bigger movie the way most stars begin their careers. Stupid girl. She needs someone to give her better advise.
    That I agree with, she's not the brightest bulb on the chandelier, but she's always comes across as pretty down to earth to me and probably the fact that she does say what's in her head instead of what sounds good may be one of things I like about her.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

  8. #1388
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,309

    Re: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2438687;
    That I agree with, she's not the brightest bulb on the chandelier, but she's always comes across as pretty down to earth to me
    I can see that, but to some people -- like me! -- these two things sort of add up to a contradiction that's annoying.

    Frankly, she comes off a little dim and clueless (which I would be okay with) but at the same time she says things that indicate she has a very very high opinion of herself and her show-business potential (even though I agree with you that she tends to carry herself as kind of a regular gal). ...

    When somebody who just plain doesn't seem very smart or savvy to me says that she's been uninterested in movie roles (*first* movie roles, presumably with major studios) that don't have her as the star, and gives interviews saying that she wants to be this generation's Streisand, and that she can sing any style of music, sing country and also sing just like Christina Aguilera, and so on, it comes across to me as deluded and arrogant-without-justification. Somebody who repeatedly comes across as kind of clueless is not going to be Streisand, *doesn't* have the ability to sing great in all genres, and shouldn't expect to be handed a starring movie role right out of the box. Yet she thinks she is suited for all these things. That's *some* kind of arrogance, even if it's just the arrogance of ignorance, it seems to me.

  9. #1389
    FORT Fogey Tigerusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Greater Los Angeles
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,438

    Re: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

    Regarding the movie starring quote, I guessing that she misspoke because I highly doubt that she did or would turn down those roles because she's not the star. I'm guessing what she meant is that this is the first role that she's been offered that she likes. It obvious our interpretation is determined by our opinion of a person because when I first read that quote it never crossed my mind to me that she was saying she was above a non-starring role. When I read it I got from it her saying that this is the first role that has been offered to me that I star in.

    "This is the first thing that I read that I really wanted to do," McPhee said. "I'm up for a couple of big studio projects, but they weren't starring roles. I wanted to start off doing something a little different. It's something that a lot of people wouldn't expect me doing."

    The Striesand quote sounds more like a wish to me and if it is a goal more power to her.

    She wanted to be Mariah Carey as a kid, but now, she says, "I'd love to be Barbra Streisand – so famous but living a wonderful life with a husband."

    I guess I'm clueless because I tell people that I'd love to be Tiger Woods

    Hey, I know that we who love Kat are never going to see things the same way as those who don't care for her but I thought I'd step in because the folks that can't stand her were on a roll and I couldn't help myself but to try and slow down the momentum.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

  10. #1390
    FORT Fogey Blues Songstres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In my own little corner, in my own little chair...
    Age
    57
    Posts
    3,204

    Re: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2439056;
    I guess I'm clueless because I tell people that I'd love to be Tiger Woods .
    Me too!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;2439056;
    Hey, I know that we who love Kat are never going to see things the same way as those who don't care for her but I thought I'd step in because the folks that can't stand her were on a roll and I couldn't help myself but to try and slow down the momentum.
    I've never been a fan of Kat, which I'm sure you're aware. But I gotta admire your loyalty and your sense of humor about all the negativity here.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.