+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

lei
    FORT Fogey

Re: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;2408549;
    Are you saying she opened for KISS?
    I was wondering the same. No matter how well she sang, I can't imagine a good reception. They're just....way too different. But then Kiss aren't what they used to be, either.

FORT Newbie

It was a kiss 108 radio concert that they do every year in MA. It sponsers the Genesis Fund, and gets a lot of big artists. They had Kat and Daughtry, along with 13 other artists.

I was there as well, and I thought Kat didn't do too hot. But Daughtry was a hit, obviously. hah

lei
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BigNLiddle24;2408892;
    It was a kiss 108 radio concert that they do every year in MA. It sponsers the Genesis Fund, and gets a lot of big artists. They had Kat and Daughtry, along with 13 other artists.

I was there as well, and I thought Kat didn't do too hot. But Daughtry was a hit, obviously. hah
    OH!

I was picturing Beavis and Butthead in the audience, saying, "Change it! Change it! This sucks!"

(I'm not saying she sucks, though she's not at all my cup of tea. But B&B would definitely not approve!)

Now Daughtry I would loooooove to see. They haven't hit our state yet, though. Maybe someday.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by laura11383;2430418;
    She belongs on the screen more than the radio. Either way, she seems pretty arrogant to me which is pretty sad.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by laura11383;2430418;

I wonder if this part was written for her. The screenwriter is the same guy who wrote the play that Katharine and Nick Costas were co-producers of at last year's New York Fringe Festival. In any case, since Nick is producing, the project has gone into actual development because she and Nick see it as a potentially good vehicle to help her advance, I would think.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Early Show's Multi-City Concert Series

Just like Today and Good Morning America, The Early Show is embarking on a summer concert series. But the CBS series has a twist: it's happening in cities across the country, and the hosts are along for the ride.

It starts on July 6 with Katherine McPhee in Orlando, and concludes on August 10 with Big & Rich in Kansas City. Click continued for the schedule.

Also this summer, Dave Price "travels across the country in a Winnebago giving away summer vacations to unsuspecting viewers each Thursday" in "The Great American Vacation..."
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;2431162;
    She belongs on the screen more than the radio. Either way, she seems pretty arrogant to me which is pretty sad.
    I have to agree. In every interview she does, she gets more and more conceited. She expected starring roles right after her obligations to AI ended? Does she not realize that the movie industry sees her as a reality show loser and looks down on reality show participants? For being around the entertainment industry, before and after the show, you would think she would understand the system a little better. I also love how this movie is her "new direction". She just found a way to use her boyfriend and connections to sneak her way in. If her boyfriend wasn't producing it, they would have hired an actress with real credentials. To me, the movie sounds like the typical indie fringe film you see at festivals. I don't see much promise with it.

FORT Fogey

Oye. What a dolt. She recently performed for a Hilary Clinton fundraiser. An article recapped the event:

“Hillary is such an advocate for women and stuff like that,” Katharine wisely noted. The 2006 finalist from American Idol provided the musical entertainment for the Clinton rally, along with singer-songwriter Kenny “Babyface” Edmond and a gospel choir.

Did she call in sick during PR training???? She should just stop talking altogether.

Her looks outweigh her brain and keep her going in the biz. Either way, she's a bit of a nutjob.

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

It's like I've said before. Every time I start to think I might like her, she opens her mouth. Clueless.

+ Reply to Thread