+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

How have her record sales gone, does anyone have the numbers?

Like her better with shorter hair.

Apparently, she's predicted to drop out of the top forty this week with about 16,000 sales. Overall, that'll put her at 236,000 or so.
    A recent survey stated that the average person's greatest fear is having to give a speech in public. Somehow this ranked even higher than death which was third on the list. So, you're telling me that at a funeral, most people would rather be the guy in the coffin than have to stand up and give a eulogy.
    -- Jerry Seinfield

Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2267640;
    How have her record sales gone, does anyone have the numbers?

Like her better with shorter hair.
    Here are this weeks sales for Kat. #44 on the Billboard 200. She sold just over 16,000 copies last week, for a total of 235,493.

I have me some McPhever like no other but this album was underwhelming. Kind of reminds me of Kelly Clarkson her first album didn't do it for me but her second was the best Idol album out there. Katharine album seemed rushed I hope the next one will be what I expected from her.

FORT Fogey
    you have to do something completely different to sell in today's market. singing safe won't cut it anymore. i have the album and thought it was just too safe, nothing we never heard before

On several of the fast songs, Kat sounded just like every other singer on the radio, nothing to distinguish herself from other current women artists. That's her problem.

I heard her song on the radio the other day for the first time, or shall I say I heard some of it... that is before I changed the station. Yucko... didn't like it!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by graycat11;2279757;
    On several of the fast songs, Kat sounded just like every other singer on the radio, nothing to distinguish herself from other current women artists. That's her problem.
    It's so strange, but I agree with this. I was a HUGE Katharine supporter from day 1 last year. I wanted her to win more than anything. But the album doesn't do it for me...I just don't think her voice translates well to record. It just baffles me, because she was, IMO, brilliant on Idol.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara1815;2297088;
    It's so strange, but I agree with this. I was a HUGE Katharine supporter from day 1 last year. I wanted her to win more than anything. But the album doesn't do it for me...I just don't think her voice translates well to record. It just baffles me, because she was, IMO, brilliant on Idol.
    I disagree. I do think the album was rushed and her vocals could have been better. The best vocals were on "Better Off Alone" and "Everywhere I Go". Babyface should have done WAY more songs on the album because "Everywhere I Go" captures her voice the best while still remaining current. "Better Off Alone", however, is the kind of music she should be doing. Those are the best songs on the album.
    Last edited by Biggems; 03-26-2007 at 02:29 AM. Reason: added something.

FORT Fogey
    I am so unworried about Kat's future regardless of album sales. She's not a pop princess. She's an actress. I think she'll develop a successful career in movies &/or tv.

+ Reply to Thread