+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 145 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby View Post
    She looks like Katie Holmes to me and it drives me crazy!!

Ya know I was thinking she was a cross between Katie Holmes and a young Kristin Davis.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy View Post
    But doesn't it seem strange while everyone else was clapping and cheering, Katharine was on the couch doing nothing!!! I mean the men cheered, the audience cheered, the judges cheered, I cheered, her fellow contestants cheered, and all Katherine did was clap for her?!?! Give me a break!
    Hm. Mandisa was sitting for Katharine's performance last week. I mean the whole thing. And probably vice versa. They are the top two girls in the competition. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a lil animosity going on.

I hear stuff like "so and so celebrity broke down and cried after their performance, or after being badgered by papparazzi, so on and so forth..."

Yes. Making judge and jury with viewing audience is a part and parcel of fame. Yes. The "benefits" should make up for the gossip and rumours they must endure. And yes, they are not saints.

The reason I brought up the seemingly irrelevent tidbit is because these are ordinary people with moods and feelings, just like us who, all of a sudden are finding themselves in the lime light. To be honest I am really sick of hearing rumours surrounding especially Katharine and Paris. So what if Katharine is jealous of Mandisa or Mandisa is jealous of Katharine? They can be imperfect. Why scrutinize their every move as if it is end all be all? Put yourselve in their shoes and think, would you not feel judged if your every move is being put under the microscope -- rather than your voice/performance in a competition which aims to discover the best "singing talent"?

I for one am a huge fan of both Katharine and Mandisa. And Mandisa killed it without a doubt. If I were Katharine, no matter how much I liked Mandisa as a person I would feel a little threatened. I would not have gone in a "competition" where everyone is trying to best me and be under the impression that everyone wants to be my friend.

I am sure they have enough nerves with how they want to perform or what best suit their voice than to worry about how the fling of their hand might be percieved as a swing at their competition!!!

Personally, the only relevent thing I find to debate on, is talent.
    Last edited by Swan Song; 03-09-2006 at 01:35 AM.

All right...

I'll give her one more chance.

It just looked suspicious because Katharine could of been jealous of Mandisa because she did MUCH better than Katharine!

I don't think that is true...she did well and so did Mandesa! Both have to pull out all the stops to win this!

LOL! Kat is the prettiest of all the girls on the show and very talented, I doubt she's 'jealous' of Mandisa, who is the size of my first car.

katherine's voice is amazing but she seems like such a meanie

FORT Fogey
    All right...

I'll give her one more chance.

It just looked suspicious because Katharine could of been jealous of Mandisa because she did MUCH better than Katharine!
    Much better? Um, not in my opinion. Both gave excellent performances but I preferred Katharine's just a bit more.

[mod edit]

I agree on Katharine's fashion sense. And, she can't dance. But again, I can't get over her soulful voice.

[mod edit]

I love Mandisa the "every woman" the song completely personified her and tapped what I love so much about her. Brilliant. She earned my respect as a contestant but this thread isn't about her. Its about Katharine. I've got the McPhever and the only prescription is more Cowbell.
    Last edited by hepcat; 03-09-2006 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Let's keep it about the contestants, not about the posters.

Just a reminder: attack, praise, slaughter or applaud the contestants all you want. You can say whatever you want about the people on the cathode ray tube.

We don't allow you to criticize other posters for their opinions, though. That goes for everyone on all "sides". Posts that get into this kind of discussion will be deleted, so don't waste your time.

At the same time, don't forget that the contestant threads are not fan threads. People are going to make negative comments and positive comments about a particular contestant.

Following this simple rule keeps the conversation intelligent, friendly and interesting. Thanks.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Like I said Katherine had her best performance this week so I will congratulate her on that, but she still has no IT factor. All I see is a pretty contestant who can sing well. Maybe she does have a soulful voice? But there's nothing different or special about her and on AI I always go for the unique contestants. Unfortunately, IMHO there is (still) nothing special about her so I can't root or vote for her. Sorry.

That's all I have to say here in this thread now -- I hate it when I get into fights that I create. Doesn't make a goods enviroment at all.
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

+ Reply to Thread