+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Katharine McPhee - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by britty05 View Post
    I happened to catch this too and as a fan of Mandisa and Katherine, I'm not going to read too much into it. There could have been another reason she was sitting on the couch. Maybe she was reflecting on her own performance and wishing there was something else she could have done differently. I just like to give people the benefit of the doubt and I wouldn't go so far as to call her a poor sport. Afterall she did clap for Mandisa and even if she didn't stand up and cheer that's well within her right too!
    But doesn't it seem strange while everyone else was clapping and cheering, Katharine was on the couch doing nothing!!! I mean the men cheered, the audience cheered, the judges cheered, I cheered, her fellow contestants cheered, and all Katherine did was clap for her?!?! Give me a break!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

If I remember correctly, on some of the previous shows there were other contestents sitting on the couch after the other's performed. I don't see this as any big deal.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy View Post
    But doesn't it seem strange while everyone else was clapping and cheering, Katharine was on the couch doing nothing!!! I mean the men cheered, the audience cheered, the judges cheered, I cheered, her fellow contestants cheered, and all Katherine did was clap for her?!?! Give me a break!
    I agree with britty05, none of us were inside Katherine's head so we don't know for sure what she was thinking. I would tend to give her a break on this and see if she continues to act this way in future shows before I label her a poor sport.

All right...

I'll give her one more chance.

It just looked suspicious because Katharine could of been jealous of Mandisa because she did MUCH better than Katharine!
    Get Fantasia's self titled CD, in stores now!!!

Premium Member
    She could very well be a little jealous.. they are both fabulous singers and Mandisa is probably her biggest competition right now. It would be understandable, but like Unk said, other contestants have been sitting on the couch at times during other performances and it might not mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by E-Daddy View Post

Nope I didn't think it was strange at all. Looks like Unklescott and Marleybone beat me to it but I was going to say I remember seeing other contestants sitting on the couch in previous episodes and I thought nothing of it then and I think nothing of it now. The way I see it, these girls are all fighting for the same thing. If the judges lauded tons of praises on one of their fellow competitors and stated she's the one to beat I could understand why some would be less than thrilled to hear that. They've indirectly told them that they're all vying for second best. Exactly how is that supposed to make them feel? It's only human nature for them to be a little jealous.

I'll give her one more chance.
    Glad to hear you're willing to give her a second chance tho.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

FORT Newbie
    I didnt notice Katharine sitting down last night, but after her performance she was weird lol

she like did this double turn like a ballerina and then ryan asked her how it felt and shes like "I just have fun, i like to come up here and have fun and im just having fun" and she reminded me of tom cruise b/c she was just so happy it was scary...and she wasnt even the best

FORT Fogey
    I still dont see how you guys dont see she looks just like Amanda Bynes! It was hard for me last night to even enjoy her performance because thats all I kept thinking! hahahaha how do you guys NOT see she looks like Amanda? She seemed a little too flighty for me last night with the way she was acting and her manurisms after her performance.

FORT Newbie
    good god im glad im not the only one who got annoyed by that lol

im referring to the manerisims, not the amanda bynes thing

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    She looks like Katie Holmes to me and it drives me crazy!!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

+ Reply to Thread