+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 123 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chris Daughtry - Season 5

I thought he did an excellent job last night. I really enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Chris was applauded for being the only contestant ever to not compromise, and that may be the case. But, any other contestant that did the same type of thing week after week would have been shreded for not stepping out of their comfort zone & trying something different. Chris always get the big stage productions, always gets away with doing a grunge rock version of whatever song he has chosen, & is basically getting a pass from the judges where others wouldn't. I like Chris but he seems so one dimensional to me. He would be great to front a band but I just don't see him as a solo act.
    I agree! I like Chris, I think his voice is awesome. But the judges are very narrow-minded when it comes to Chris. They love him and pimp him for what he does, when anyone else would get knocked down. Plus, he never comes up with an authentic performance. He just takes other rock versions and passes them off. I love this version of WTL, but knowing it was covered by Live first made me lose a lot of respect for him.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    I enjoyed Chris's performance last night. He is a captivating performer IMO.

About Chris doing the "Live" version of Walk the Line.....let's not assume Chris did NOT own up to doing their version. The producer's don't show us everything that is said in the interviews. They want to create controversy and they have.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by talldede View Post

About Chris doing the "Live" version of Walk the Line.....let's not assume Chris did NOT own up to doing their version. The producer's don't show us everything that is said in the interviews. They want to create controversy and they have.
    Good point. How do we know he didn't give credit... it's all about the editing.

☆ Janie Queen of BB cottoncandy's Avatar
    Talldede - that is exactly what I was thinking, except maybe they wanted to leave the impression that Barry Manilow helped create this version. Or maybe they just didn't think it was that important.

I don't care if Chris never fully embraces a genre of music in it's original style. I prefer what he has done so far anyway.
    Last edited by cottoncandy; 03-22-2006 at 11:14 AM.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    I liked his version no matter where it came from, although the original is still my favorite. Everyone's griping about how Chris never gets out of his comfort zone, which I don't understand. No matter if he wins Idol or not, he's going to sing in that particular style of music if he continues with a singing career, so why insist he sound like Johnny Cash or Stevie Wonder when that's not who he is. The judges and Barry were right when they said that Chris knows who he is as an artist.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    Good point. How do we know he didn't give credit... it's all about the editing.
    He certainly could have said something when the judges were praising him for arranging the song to suit his style, and he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by talldede View Post

I had more of the impression that they weren't familiar with the Live version of the song. Who knows with these reality shows, they certainly do like to stir things up

I liked Chris's past performances better than last night's "Walk The Line". I thought the lower notes at the beginning of the song were just a little flat.
    He finished the song 'alright'. Wasn't outstanding.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

I guess I'm in the minority on this. I didn't like it at all. My husband and I kept looking at each other with a perplexed look on are faces. I am biased because I love Johnny Cash and his style. The strobe lights are really starting to bother me.

+ Reply to Thread