+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 123 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chris Daughtry - Season 5

I think that Chris, in what he does best, medium to hard rock, is brilliant. I do wonder if he can win this thing however. Ultimately Idol is more pop than rock oriented, Bo's second place finish notwithstanding. The poobahs who produce the show are all about the marketing money and pop and country\pop have sure audiences. If Chris doesn't win but goes very deep into the competition, I'd love to see Clive Davis or whoever, sign him and put a world class rock band behind him with some great song writers. This guy looks to be the perfect front man for a kick-ass rock group. He could be a Bob Seeger type of success.

FORT Newbie
    If Chris gets voted off during the next 12 weeks, can he stil take the Fuel offer?

I'm betting Chris will be right up there with Taylor as the top two guys. With Ace as a third unless he screws up bigtime. Chris shows he's passionate, humble, great with a crowd, and has his own sound. I love listening to him sing. So many of the others are just nothing special.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

This man will have a brilliant future, regardless of what happens on this show. I am a fan of charismatic lead men- Bono, Gavin(Bush), Chris Cornell, Eddie Vedder, etc. Chris has a presence that is going to take him far, whatever happens on this show. He is a frontman that will succeed no matter how he gets there.
    Go Tigers!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I'm betting Chris will be right up there with Taylor as the top two guys. With Ace as a third unless he screws up bigtime. Chris shows he's passionate, humble, great with a crowd, and has his own sound. I love listening to him sing. So many of the others are just nothing special.
    Right on, misskitty! I agree that Chris and Taylor each have their own unique sound.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

So glad Chris made it. There was never a doubt that he WOULDN'T make it though. I can't wait to hear what he sings next week.
    "Nothing ever comes to one, that is worth having, except as a result of hard work."--Booker T. Washington, 1901

I love, love, love Chris' performances. I agree with everyone, no matter where he places in this competition, he's going to go on to something big!

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    What should Chris sing for Stevie Wonder theme night. I have a very limited knowledge on his music catalog, so I have no suggestions. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by talldede View Post
    What should Chris sing for Stevie Wonder theme night. I have a very limited knowledge on his music catalog, so I have no suggestions. Anyone?
    Try Here for some little Stevie Wonder clips.

I'd kind of enjoy hearing him try something like Sir Duke.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Try Here for some little Stevie Wonder clips.

I'd kind of enjoy hearing him try something like Sir Duke.
    Thank you. Don't you just love Amazon. Well, I feel silly, of course I have heard many of these tunes, I just don't know them by name. Sir Duke would be fun for Chris, I could also see him trying "Higher Ground."

+ Reply to Thread