+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chris Daughtry - Season 5

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    I don't know where I read it, but I believe AI does not allow artists to 'drop out' because something better has come along. It's a new clause in the contract.

I'm not familiar with the band "Fuel." Are they a big name band? Would Chris really have more success joining them rather than going solo or winning AI outright?

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur View Post
    I'm not familiar with the band "Fuel." Are they a big name band? Would Chris really have more success joining them rather than going solo or winning AI outright?
    That's the $100 question isn't it? I was not familiar with Fuel either, I went to Amazon and sampled some of their music, it is hard core rock.

I think if Chris wants to win AI, he will need to stay within more mainstream rock, Matchbox 20, Bon Jovi, even Red Hot Chili Peppers.

If Chris prefers the harder, more Seattle grunge rock, he should drop out of AI now and seek that route.

I believe Fuel is mostly known for the song Chris did, back around 2001. At least on the modern rock Billboard chart it was #1 for about 3 months--which isn't too bad. But I also believe that's about all they've had in terms of "hits".

As for dropping out for them? Even if it wasn't against the rules or forbidden by contract, it would be a bad idea. For one thing, Clive Davis is a power S.O.B. who'd want payback, and he'd get it. For another, a certain percentage of viewers might feel betrayed and Chris would get some guff over that. And thirdly, there's more money and sales as a solo act than fifth wheel for an only moderately successful band.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I would prefer Chris to stay in the competition. One-I would get to see him each week. Two-I would get to hear him each week. Three-I can't imagine who I would root for if he left.

I say let him see how far he honestly gets, and then see if the Fuel offer is still on the table after the show. He still needs more recognition, I think it would hurt him in the long run to drop out so early.

I just hope this isn't a publicity scheme because he is getting too many votes and he isn't the producers choice.

I just read on TMZ.com about the clause that states contestants cannot sign any deals for 3 months after the end of AI.

kimrs - Who do you think the producers want to win AI? Elliott? Ace? I would think they would want a guy, as a gal has one the past 2 seasons.

I am an AI newbie, so I don't understand the ins and outs of this game.

I don't really know who they are pushing just yet. I see a few singers as getting a really positive spin with a lot of tv time. For example: Kellie, Paris, Lisa, Taylor, Chris, Kevin, and Ace come to mind as getting a HUGE amount of attention compared to Mandisa, Katharine, Melissa, Kinnick, Elliot, Bucky, Gedeon and Will. Does that mean one of them is the favorite? I believe so, but which one? I don't know.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    Noooo...don't leave, Chris!! Who would I root for, who would I look forward to seeing perform every week like last year with Bo?? He's really the only real deal in this year's group and I would hate to see him drop out so early.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur View Post
    I'm not familiar with the band "Fuel." Are they a big name band?
    Oh same here. I have no idea who they are but Chris just smashed that one right out of the park. He was just *wow* and good for him!
    I think I might dl the song too.
    Remember that you only live once, and if you do it just right, once is just enough.

BE the change you wish to see in the world. - M. Gandhi

His "Wanted Dead Or Alive" rendition was absolutely fantastic. Very hard to measure up to Bon Jovi. Good job, Chris.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

+ Reply to Thread