+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 123 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chris Daughtry - Season 5

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar
    Chris fan chiming in here.

I love Chris, his style, look, voice and stage presence. He is tops in my book. However, I am new to his music. I loved the song Hemorrage, brilliant performance, but after listening to some other tracks by Fuel, many were way to hardcore for my taste.

My question to you fellow Chris fans...............

Do you think Chris should perform some hard core rock songs, or stay more safe (mainstream = more votes) and stick to Matchbox 20 sound, even Red Hot Chili Peppers?

Soundgarten, Live, those would be too hard for my taste, so I am wondering what you think about how Chris should market himself, his style, his voice range.

PS- I own Bo Bice's CD, love it, I also have Bon Jovi's Have a Nice Day....thats my level of 'rock.'

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by talldede View Post
    Chris fan chiming in here.

I love Chris, his style, look, voice and stage presence. He is tops in my book. However, I am new to his music. I loved the song Hemorrage, brilliant performance, but after listening to some other tracks by Fuel, many were way to hardcore for my taste.

My question to you fellow Chris fans...............

Do you think Chris should perform some hard core rock songs, or stay more safe (mainstream = more votes) and stick to Matchbox 20 sound, even Red Hot Chili Peppers?
    Soundgarten, Live, those would be too hard for my taste, so I am wondering what you think about how Chris should market himself, his style, his voice range.

PS- I own Bo Bice's CD, love it, I also have Bon Jovi's Have a Nice Day....thats my level of 'rock.'
    While I loved his Fuel song since AI is a family oriented show there are alot of people out there that doesn't "get" songs like Fuel and I think they would be turned off by some of it....for example, my mom loves Chris but didn't like the Fuel song because she said he sounded like he was screaming...I tried to explain to her that's how the original sounds but I'm sure there were other people out there that didn't like it for that very reason......but I do think Chris is awesome!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    Lucky Mrs. Daughtry
    She's got a great guy. One who sings, loves her and loves her kids (his kids) and seems to be genuine-the type that will never forget where he came from. I can't wait to see what Chris sings next!
    I couldn't agree with you more!
    2003-2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Finárë View Post
    Agreed - I would love to hear him do "Lightning Crashes".

I also think he'd be a good fit for many Pearl Jam or Soundgarden/Chris Cornell songs... and if I were really dreaming big, I'd pick Temple of the Dog's "Hunger Strike". But then, that'd probably just about do me in, so I suppose it's just as well...

(FYI, MysticalChicken - in case you haven't seen it yet - Krom has started a nice thread ("Pick a song...") which contains some thought-provoking suggestions for Mr. Daughtry.)
    I agree totally on all counts- and I also see that you are a Seattle person, hence all your great Seattle picks- Pearl Jam/Soungarden= Temple of the Dog! Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell as the frontmen of all 3 bands should be proud to have this man give his version of all their stuff!
    Go Tigers!

FORT Fogey
    I remember his initial audition. The odds he'd be selected to move on are crazy, but he followed his dream, and it worked out.

I'm so impressed by both sides!

FORT Newbie
    Daughtry rocks.

The one question I ask myself when scoping out the current talent pool is "Would I buy his album? (oops I just revealed my age. At least I didn't say 8-track.)

Hate it when I regress (must be Alzheimers or mad cow), but as one who grew up saving my allowance to buy albums, there was a sense of pride in ownership. By necessity, you carefully protected your investment by delicately placing the needle on the surface to avoid scratches, and treated the rockin' cover like the work-of-art that it was.

So, YES, I would buy his album. Might buy the CDs of a few others in this competition, but their performances (to date) don't quite warrant that "'must-have' album classification." Daughtry's in a class of his own.

I got this news from here:

American Idol Top 24 contestant Chris Daughtry sang the Fuel song "Hemmorhage" on American Idol this Wednesday and received the week's top honors according to the judges.
    Well as it turns out, Fuel is looking for a new lead singer because last month their old lead singer Brett Scallions left the band. And as it turns out, Fuel was impressed by Chris so much that they could consider hiring him to replace their old lead singer. Huh.

Randy Jackson spills the beans here: Randy also let it slip that should Chris Daughtry get voted out, he already has an offer on the table from the band whose song he rocked out to Wednesday night. "I think he has a shot. Chris just got offered to be in the band Fuel, the lead singer is gone so they are trying to get it together."

And if you go to Fuel's official site (http://www.fuelweb.com/) they have an announcement that they are looking for a new lead singer. On Chris: "Yeah, Hemmorhage was sung by Chris Daughtry on American Idol. Sounded good!"]

Personally, I will be sad if Chris won't be in AI anymore, but Fuel is a great band and I think I like him to sing more of that kind of songs rather than pop. Either way, I think this is a great news for Chris and it shows how talented he is
    Last edited by John; 03-05-2006 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiVvV View Post
    I got this news from here:

Well as it turns out, Fuel is looking for a new lead singer because last month their old lead singer Brett Scallions left the band. And as it turns out, Fuel was impressed by Chris so much that they could consider hiring him to replace their old lead singer. Huh.
    This might be the best opportunity for Chris. I think it may be hard for him to win AI because he is basically a rock man. Finding a good band to play with may just be the opportunity he was looking for. Although, I hope he doesn't join and leave AI just yet, since he's probably my favorite male vocalist so far....

I agree that he might be better off by going ahead and auditioning for the band. I would hate to see him leave, but if a job with a band seemed to be a pretty sure thing, it would be hard to pass up, I would think. He's probably going to make it pretty big anyway, so who not get on with it?

That's an interesting proposal. Chris should probably consider it pretty heavily. I just don't think the music he is best suited to sing is going to win him this title & if he did win I'm just not sure Clive & folks would let him record this type of music. He is certainly a super talented individual that has a bright future. I just wish him the best. I wonder what the legalities would be regarding leaving the show & joining this band?

+ Reply to Thread