+ Reply to Thread
Page 119 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1969109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1225
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chris Daughtry - Season 5

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Chris Daughtry - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by Blues Songstres;2757462;
    I don't know why so many people are angry at Chris for stating the very thing that so many of us have been saying in the wake of last season.
    Amen!! Particularly after he put the statement in context.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Still, Daughtry, who is currently recording his band’s second album, worries the show faces a more fundamental problem: “After going for so long, who else is out there that still wants to get on the show?”

It's probably comments like that that have ticked people off. A lot of people still would love to have the same opportunity Chris received. A lot of them that never even got to see the judges or producers because someone simliar to them just went through - Chris is lucky a rocker type didn't go through before him at the earliest stages, or he never would have made it through the very first audition.

Chris tends to come off as really pretentious, as though being 'a rocker' is actually something really important. He's an entertainer - that's all. I have a couple of Chris' songs on my mp3 player and they are pretty good, but it ain't like he's working on a cure for cancer. So why take yourself so seriously? But a lot of the music industry carries the same pretentions...

That said, I agree with him that so many bad auditions lower the quality of the show overall, and I thought last season stunk even though there were a lot of talented people on the show. Somewhere there is a middle ground where you can create an interesting television show and at the same time reveal some of Americas hidden talents (like Chris).

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Chris is back performing at our pool this summer. He was fantastic last year. I look forward to seeing him again this year.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3042105;
    Chris is back performing at our pool this summer. He was fantastic last year. I look forward to seeing him again this year.
    I'm so jealous of you Uncle David. I would LOVE to see him in concert
    angelic_one2002 likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Don't know if this should go in Chris' thread or the Media thread - but there's so little traffic right now, it probably doesn't matter.

'Idol' star to be at GOP event

The 'American Idol' rocker will perform here on behalf of the One Campaign and RIAA, which booked Kanye West for Denver's Democratic convention.

Denver gets Kanye West and the Twin Cities get Chris Daughtry. That's the announcement made Tuesday by the Recording Industry Association of America and the One Campaign, which are hosting large private concerts at the Democratic and Republican national conventions.

Daughtry joins the list of music acts slated to play private events during the St. Paul convention, also including LeAnn Rimes, Sammy Hagar, Gretchen Wilson and Smash Mouth. The rock band led by the successful "American Idol" alumnus Daughtry will perform Sept. 3 at Epic nightclub in Minneapolis, an invitation-only event intended to trumpet the causes of both organizations.

The association lobbies on behalf of record companies such as Sony and Universal. One is a celebrity-driven charity fighting global disease and poverty.

Feels like the first time for Daughtry : News-Record.com : Greensboro, North Carolina

Feels like the first time for Daughtry
    Monday, August 25 ( updated 8:37 am)
    Staff Reports

Daughtry and CNN are teaming up to bring first-time voters to the polls this fall.

McLeansville native Chris Daughtry's band rerecorded the 1977 Foreigner hit "Feels Like the First Time" to accompany CNN's League of First Time Voters initiative. The song and a video made a debut on CNN on Aug. 18.

"We strongly believe that it doesn't matter who you vote for, as long as you vote," said Daughtry, lead singer of the Grammy-nominated band. "Getting to rerecord a classic song like this was a real honor for us, and we hope it helps inspire people to vote."

CNN's League of First Time Voters, at The League of First Time Voters -- CNN.com, offers information about the candidates, key issues and the election process in general.

The song was recorded in Los Angeles in April after Mark Shimmel, a music consultant for CNN who played a major role in the project's creative development, took the project to 19 Entertainment, Daughtry's management team.

The video, created by CNN, can be found at CNN.com via video on-demand. The single will appear on Daughtry Deluxe, the upcoming deluxe version of the band's debut album, due out Sept. 9.

Daughtry will perform at the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday and at the Republican National Convention on Sept. 3.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3164509;

The 'American Idol' rocker will perform here on behalf of the One Campaign and RIAA, which booked Kanye West for Denver's Democratic convention.

Denver gets Kanye West and the Twin Cities get Chris Daughtry. That's the announcement made Tuesday by the Recording Industry Association of America and the One Campaign, which are hosting large private concerts at the Democratic and Republican national conventions.

The association lobbies on behalf of record companies such as Sony and Universal. One is a celebrity-driven charity fighting global disease and poverty.
    I thought I saw online somewhere that he performed this week in Denver at the same event with Kayne. Carrie's going to appear at the Republican convention, but I don't think it's part of the same organization.
    Last edited by roses4me; 08-29-2008 at 01:24 AM. Reason: edited stuff
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3182062;
    I thought I saw online somewhere that he performed this week in Denver at the same event with Kayne. Carrie's going to appear at the Republican convention, but I don't think it's part of the same organization.
    Carrie is not appearing at the Republican convention. That rumor got started because one of the guys that wrote one of her songs is going to be there, so it got stretched to include Carrie.

I don't have an exact date of airing but Chris is going to be on CSI NY.

+ Reply to Thread