+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1767107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1225
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chris Daughtry - Season 5

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Chris Daughtry - Season 5

Chris is defnitely hot but I have to say that Jon is smokin' hot .........
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Rolling Stone : Chris Daughtry: “American Idol” Is “in a State of Decline”

Chris Daughtry: “American Idol” Is “in a State of Decline”
    1/14/08, 11:44 am EST

On the eve of the premiere of the seventh season of American Idol, one of the show’s most famous losers, Chris Daughtry, says that the Idol franchise is starting to lose its luster. “I feel like it’s definitely lacking some credibility at this point,” says Daughtry, who came in fourth place on the 2006 season but went on to sell 3.6 million copies of his debut record and be named one of Nielsen’s top ten selling artists of 2007. “It’s in a state of decline and if they don’t do something about it, it’s probably not gonna last too much longer. I’m sure that’ll be used against me, but that’s the truth, you know?”

Daughtry has some numbers on his side: last year’s “American Idols Live” tour played to 68 percent capacity crowds, while the 2006 version was 96 percent sold out. Three top Idols — Ruben Studdard, Taylor Hicks and Katharine McPhee — have recently lost their record contracts due to poor sales. Ratings also went down one percent last year, marking the first decline in the show’s history. Daughtry blames the show’s woes partially on its emphasis on untalented singers. “People get tired of seeing people that suck,” he says. “It’s funny at first, but come on. They spend three weeks on people that can’t sing, and that’s what they’re banking it on. [They should] find some people that you can really invest in.”

Idol plans on making some minor adjustments this season: contestants will be able to play an instrument in the early rounds and celebrity mentors will be de-emphasized to create more time to tell the contestants back stories. Still, Daughtry, who is currently recording his band’s second album, worries the show faces a more fundamental problem: “After going for so long, who else is out there that still wants to get on the show?” That question, and a host of others, will be answered when the show’s seventh season premieres tomorrow night amid the ongoing Writers Guild strike — it’s a TV climate that experts predict will give Idol a ratings bump

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by BoBoFan;2753077;
    “After going for so long, who else is out there that still wants to get on the show?”
    I'd be willing to bet some money that there are plenty of people-good singers-who would love to go on AI and potentially be where Daughtry is right now.

I love you Chris...but IMO, its not necessary to bite the hand that fed you your start......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Leo
    Premium Member

Even if it what Chris is saying is true, there's an element of ungratefulness coming from his mouth based on what that interview said. Not a classy thing to say.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I love Chris, but he needed to keep his mouth shut.

I agree with some of the points Chris made, like showing less of the crappy contestants, but wow. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. He should be trying to get the public excited about the next season, not bad-mouthing it. If it wasn't for American Idol most of us would not know Daughtry and they wouldn't have had the opportunity to get that kind of record deal. They are very talented but part of their fanbase is American Idol viewers so he should be more grateful in the future.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

FORT Fanatic

wow. someone got some attitude huh. i like his voice, his album is pretty good but gosh...shuddup! just leave it to the audience/fans/analysists/critics to slam AI. i just don't like when contestants especially those who go real far into the competition and are successful start dissing and criticizing the one place/thing that made him/them so successful. again, he's a great singer and album was well made...but he really should be grateful cause the top 3 finishers didn't get as much "respect" and "help" that he had from the show his season.

oh and someone tell him he ain't a real rockstar. He's pure Adult Contemporary Rock.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Unfortunatly this plays in to many of the personal observations I have read that people have had about meeting him. I have no personal experiences so I can't say, But I have read many reports of him having attitude to burn & being quite a jerk.

FORT Fogey

there is still behind the scenes conspiracies that the producers wanted him out because of his attitude

I heard one of his songs on a pop station here. It sounds very much like other songs out there. I think he can sing for sure, I just am not fond of the music.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread