+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chris Daughtry - Season 5

Re: Chris Daughtry - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by albean99;2454505;
    I saw that Chris is #3 on the 23 hottest shaved heads in Hollywood on Msn.
    Hey, I'll buy that!

The chrome-dome look sure works better for him than it does for Phil Stacey. It's hard for me to imagine Chris looking any cooler with hair.

(I'm curious who #1 and #2 were. I hope Vin Diesel wasn't one of them, as Chris is way hotter.)
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff. ;-D

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grisabella;2484005;
    Hey, I'll buy that!

The chrome-dome look sure works better for him than it does for Phil Stacey. It's hard for me to imagine Chris looking any cooler with hair.

(I'm curious who #1 and #2 were. I hope Vin Diesel wasn't one of them, as Chris is way hotter.)
    Bruce Willis maybe? And yes, Chris is hotter than Vin, agreed.

The Modesto Bee | Revenge of the Rocker

# 1 Album Of The Year and opening for Nickelback!!
    Wow- Way to go Chris!!

Revenge of the Rocker
    Sometimes, nice guys finish fourth, and so it's been for Chris Daughtry, who's found that losing can be the sweetest victory

By JON BREAM
    STAR TRIBUNE (MINNEAPOLIS)

last updated: July 27, 2007 06:26:03 AM

The High Five are the five most-read stories, updated hourly.
    It was Vince Lombardi, or Paula Abdul, or someone on ESPN's "Sportscenter" who once said, "Winning isn't everything."

It is Chris Daughtry who says over and over again, "I'm glad I didn't win."

He finished fourth on "American Idol" in 2006. But America has cast another ballot, and he has the No. 1 album of 2007. "Daughtry," a collection of original but not original-sounding rock tunes, has sold more than 3 million copies and counting.

Take that, Taylor Hicks, Katharine McPhee and Elliot Yamin. They may have finished ahead of Daughtry in the "Idol" voting. But add up the sales of their three post-"Idol" CDs and multiply by two — and the number still doesn't measure up to Daughtry's sales figures.

He's even outdistanced such big names as Tim McGraw, Linkin Park and Fergie. Daughtry has had two tunes on the radio — the rocking "It's Not Over" and "Home," a ballad that has earned Top 40 airplay.

Since "Daughtry" was released in late November, he and his band — simply known as Daughtry —have hit the road aggressively, appearing everywhere from stadiums and arenas to fairs and clubs.

With the quintet touring as openers for Nickelback, Daughtry, 27, called from the road.

Q. How's the Nickelback tour going so far?

A. I feel like we got our butts handed to us from those guys in rock 'n' roll school. They're just phenomenal live. They've got all the rock 'n' roll gimmicks: throwing beer out into the crowd, shooting T-shirts out with cannons — I got to do that on their stage; it was fun. All the pyro. Other than that, they're so tight and dead-on. The dude's voice (Chad Kroeger) never fails. It kind of (ticks) me off.

Chad's a great dude and he's been super-great to us. We're honored to come on tour with him.

Q. Since you're so hot right now, do you think you should be headlining, not Nickelback?

A. No. They've got a bigger album. They've sold 5 million records on this album and we've sold 3.

Q. How does it feel to have the biggest-selling album of the year, so far?

A. It's definitely an accomplishment that we never felt would happen. We thought the album would do OK. We felt, if it would sell a million, we'll be happy. It kind of just kept going.

Q. Why do you think the album is so big? Is it the crossover with the fan base from "American Idol" and the airplay from rock radio?

A. I think it's a combination of everything. Rock radio took us seriously and embraced us. We obviously had the "Idol" fans and then the crossover to hot (adult contemporary) and Top 40 and mainstream. It was kind of reaching out to new ears.

People relate to it because it's pretty simple, everyday-life stuff. We all come from a blue-collar background and I think the majority of America connects with that. We've worked our butts off all our life to get where we are. And people see that. We're not just some band that got lucky. We've definitely put in our time in the clubs, playing for the workers or maybe 15 people at the most. It's all definitely paid off.

Q. I think the emotional way you deliver songs has a lot to do with your success.

A. I'm in a different place on stage. I turn into something else. It's kind of like an actor: You get into your character. I get into the songs. I'm really trying to dig deep in my soul and put everything I have into it.

Q. "Home" is a song you wrote before any of us heard your name. What inspired you to write that song?

A. I was at home, actually, sitting on my couch. I knew I was going to go away to do the show ("Idol") and I'd never been away from my family for that long. (He has a wife and two kids.) I got into the mind-set of what that was going to be like. I picked up the guitar and wasn't planning on writing anything and started humming along and wrote the thing in, like, 10 minutes.

I never really thought it was going to be anything. And it ended up being one of Clive's (Davis, the head of the record label) favorite songs when I played him some songs in his office. And the rest is history.

Q. You're often depicted as a serious, brooding kind of guy. What are you really like?

A. I'm the funniest guy I know. Ha-ha-ha. Naw, I'm just kidding. Our bus is a constant comedy show. I'm just an easygoing, lighthearted guy. When it comes to music, the down and sad times inspire emotion more than happy times.

Q. Because you came from "Idol," what kind of concerns did you have about making mass-appeal music with a hard-rock project?

A. I was OK when I realized that Clive was on board with me being totally hands-on with all the songwriting. My visions of the songs were important to him. I didn't feel that in any way they were going to try to make me something that I'm not. My biggest concern was that the rock community wasn't going to take it seriously and pass me off as a karaoke singer from a TV show. I didn't want that; I've been doing this since I was 16.

Q. In the tradition of Bon Jovi, Van Halen, Danzig and Winger, you've decided to go with Daughtry and not Chris Daughtry. Why?

A. I've never been a solo artist; I've always been in bands. I've never wanted to be a solo artist. I probably could have come up with a clever name for a band, but I guess the fact is I had name recognition from the show, so (we) call the band my last name.

Q. We talked the morning after you were eliminated from "Idol" and you were very despondent. In retrospect, are you glad you didn't demand a recount?

A. Absolutely. I'm very glad the way everything turned out. It was perfect.

WHAT: Daughtry concert

WHEN: Aug. 22

WHERE: California State Fair, Sacramento

TICKETS: $59

CALL: 877-225-3976

ONLINE: default

AHN | Daughtry To Headline Pre-Nextel Cup Race Concert At Richmond | July 27, 2007

Daughtry To Headline Pre-Nextel Cup Race Concert At Richmond
    July 26, 2007 7:08 p.m. EST

Buddy Shacklette - AHN Sports Motor Sports Reporter
    Detroit, MI (AHN) - Racing fans who attend the Chevy Rock & Roll 400 NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series race at Richmond International Raceway will get more than the final race to make The Chase for the Nextel Cup championship.

Featured in the pre-race concert will be the popular rock band Daughtry, the triple-platinum selling band that is headed by former America Idol contest Chris Daughtry.

"The Chevy Rock & Roll 400 is one of the most prestigious races on the NASCAR NEXTEL Cup Series schedule," said Matthew Becherer, Senior Director of Marketing & Sales at Richmond International Raceway. "The Rock & Roll concept, along with the drama of it being the final race before The Chase, will again show why Richmond International Raceway is America's Premier Short Track."

Daughtry will perform on the frontstretch near the start/finish line at RIR on Sept. 8 at 5:45 p.m. prior to the start of one of the most anticipated events of each Cup season.

The North Carolina-based rock band, which has been on tour this summer with Nickelback, has had such recent hit singles as "It's Not Over" and "Home." After releasing their self-titled debut album in November of 2006, Daughtry hit number one two non-consecutive weeks on the Billboard 200 charts and has already sold more than three million copies.

"We're very excited Chevrolet has invited us to perform live at the Chevy Rock and Roll 400," said lead singer Chris Daughtry. "We're big fans of Chevy's cars and trucks and obviously we love rock and roll so we can't wait for the fifth Chevy Rock & Roll 400. This will be our first-ever performance at a NASCAR event and since some of us grew up in North Carolina in the heart of NASCAR that makes participating in this Chevy race even more special for us."Individuals with tickets to the race can get an up-close view of the Daughtry concert by visiting Chevy Fan Fest on the midway at RIR on Sept. 8. By participating in the Chevy Challenge, each individual will receive two free passes to watch the Daughtry performance on the frontstretch of the track.

lei
    FORT Fogey

I'm so happy for Chris and his band. I continue to adore the album and am so glad it's gotten the recognition it deserves.

Thanks for the news, BoBoFan

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

I love this album!!! Congrats Chris!

Congrats on the MTV VMA nomination to Chris and co.

That Home song is really great.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Daughtry's MySpace page links to the band's site (I don't know if it's okay to link to either here?) an announcement that they're opening for Bon Jovi at the Prudential Center in Newark on November 4 and 7.

Anyone going is very lucky, imo.

lei
    FORT Fogey

Daughtry's MySpace page now links to an AOL site that is streaming the entire Vegas show. Best performances I've seen/heard of theirs so far. Special treats include Alice in Chains' "Nutshell" and a bit of Philter's "Nice Shot". Really blew me away.

I don't know what's okay to post/link but PM if you wish

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Daughtry is supposed to perform an Elvis tune on a ABC special "Elvis Viva Las Vegas" on Tuesday, Sept. 18th.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread