+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Chris Daughtry - Season 5

Since Chris sung a Fuel song, it may be appropriate for him to sing an acoustic verision of "Daniel" (which was covered by Fuel) on Elton John night.

Daniel
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/clips...378178-4296159

Bad Day
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/music/clips...378178-4296159

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by babymay View Post
    I wish they did encore performances like Rock Star INXS instead of hearing the booted singer sign the crappy song that got them booted.

I would love to hear him sing the full version of Hemorrhage!
    I've also advocated for encores of best performances rather than rehashes of the worst.

When I first heard Chris sing that condensed version of "Hemorrhage", I must admit, I didn't immediately like it, though I recognized he had one of the two best performances of the night (along with Elliott). However, with repeated viewings, I find myself appreciating the song more and more.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    I agree. What strikes me odd is that Simon says he needs to work on his charisma. Well first of all, charisma can't be learned; you either have it or you don't. This guy has it in abundance! He is so much more intriguing then other guys that supposedly have the "x" factor, and on top of that he actually has an amazing voice.
    You don't learn charisma, that is true, but often, artists may come off as seeming distant during their performances.

I agree with Simon. Chris hasn't really shown his inner personality as much as some of the others. I think he recognizes that this is his big break so he is very focused on getting his performances just right. In doing so, he seems a little over-serious at times and his natural charisma (which we see mostly in the interview clips) tends to get shrouded.

FORT Fan
    Chris's performance last night was awesome. I think he is the one to beat but wonder if he would be better off not winning and being in bondage to the "Idol Machinery".
    He has a brilliant future anyway imo.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by augie View Post
    Chris's performance last night was awesome. I think he is the one to beat but wonder if he would be better off not winning and being in bondage to the "Idol Machinery".
    He has a brilliant future anyway imo.
    I think the Idol-Powers-That-Be have closed the "not-winning loophole" to escape said bondage. Case in point: Bo Bice's debut album.

www.PonandZi.com phantasmogoria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81 View Post
    I love his voice. I wont be sending any votes his way though because this is obviously gonna be the winner of American Idol. I predicted this early on and we'll see if it rings true. I will vote for Sway and Elliot because I enjoy their voices and would like to see them make it to the top 5 but Chris is the winner. I really really hope though he will be able to write his own material once the album comes out or they wont give him cheesy type of rock songs because I really think this guy could easily have a long career.
    I totally agree with your prediction! I think he's the guy to beat this season. I don't agree with Simon that Chris needs to work on his charisma. Just because he's not outgoing and in-your-face doesn't mean the man doesn't have charisma. He has a quiet, serious charm to him that I find more appealing than any of the personalities on the current contestants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann View Post
    Jewelsy, he first auditioned in Denver and sang that old Box Tops song The Letter. I loved it, but I think Simon said he showed no emotion and they felt it was rushed.
    I thought his 'The Letter' showed potential but wasn't really great - something about the eye contact I think. His backstory (esp. the fact that he called his step-kids his kids) made me want him to do well but I wasn't convinced until the top 24 (and singing 'Emotions' during Hollywood week).

Lucky Mrs. Daughtry
    She's got a great guy. One who sings, loves her and loves her kids (his kids) and seems to be genuine-the type that will never forget where he came from. I can't wait to see what Chris sings next!

Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar
    Does anyone besides me think that Chris would sound really good if he sang something by the band Live? Something like "I Alone" or "Pain Lies On the Riverside." (I think he looks a little bit like Ed Kowalczyk anyway).
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

Blondes Prefer Gentlemen Finįrė's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticalChicken View Post
    Does anyone besides me think that Chris would sound really good if he sang something by the band Live? Something like "I Alone" or "Pain Lies On the Riverside."
    Agreed - I would love to hear him do "Lightning Crashes".

I also think he'd be a good fit for many Pearl Jam or Soundgarden/Chris Cornell songs... and if I were really dreaming big, I'd pick Temple of the Dog's "Hunger Strike". But then, that'd probably just about do me in, so I suppose it's just as well...

(FYI, MysticalChicken - in case you haven't seen it yet - Krom has started a nice thread ("Pick a song...") which contains some thought-provoking suggestions for Mr. Daughtry.)
    "I used to be Snow White... but I drifted."
    - Mae West

+ Reply to Thread