+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucky Covington - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    In the past its only been the top 10..which I think is completely unfair..if you make the Top 12 you're allowed to record the AI CD so why can't they also go on tour??? Never have understood that!!!!!!!
    But it spared all those concert goers the horror that was Makayla Gordon.

I like Bucky. Doubt he will win this by a long shot, but he seems genuine.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

FORT Fogey
    Well, I hope Bucky gets into the top 10 instead of Kevin. I think Bucky would do good to spend some time on the road and get used to some new varieties of cuisine!

Kevin can go back and finish high school.

I'd like to see both of them stay, but then there are only a couple of people I want to leave.
    I'm not too concerned about what they eat, or that their teeth aren't perfect, but I do like most everyone's voices.

Bucky should sing "Best Mistake" by Jamison Parker.

I hope he makes it at LEAST to #8. But the fact that they put him with Gedeon for the whole "suspense" thing before announcing which one was eliminated makes me fear for his lack of a strong fanbase.
    2003-2008.

Lex
    Since he's a country guy, I'm curious to see how Bucky will do this week. Will the theme trip him up I wonder?

FORT Fogey
    Love the name Bucky Covington. It sounds so Hollywood doing Texas, e.g. "Dallas"

FORT Newbie
    I went to You tube and type Bucky thanks fans and was touched by his sincerity when he said everytime people picked up the fone and dial that number they are helping their dreams come true..
    Last edited by Leo; 03-14-2006 at 10:46 PM.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Earlier, several mentioned Bucky's bad looking teeth. In the after party pictures, his teeth look fine. What's the deal there, anyone know?

I think Bucky is a cute guy and am also anxious to see what the stylists do with him. Hope they don't change him too much.
    I agree with you Muduh. Don't change him too much, he appeals to me just the way he is. I really must move down to the south!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Earlier, several mentioned Bucky's bad looking teeth. In the after party pictures, his teeth look fine. What's the deal there, anyone know?

I think Bucky is a cute guy and am also anxious to see what the stylists do with him. Hope they don't change him too much.

I think people make cracks about Bucky because they perceive him to be nothing more than a hillbilly. His front tooth is a bit crooked and a tad discolored and because of that he looks unpolished and straggly in comapriosn to all the contestants with their bleached out, blindingly white teeth. Frankly, Bucky looks like a `real' person to me because of his alleged flaw. Unfortunatley he's being stereotyped by the show and of course by some viewers- you know, because he has the drawl people think he's just some hillbilly straight out of a Alabama tobacco field. I think some viewers make assumptions about him based on how his southern accent. To me, he is coming across as genuine and truly likeable , I like the way he sings- I'm going to enjoy him for how ever long he remains a part of the show.

I get the strong impression that many posters feel that they are above us dumb old southerners. Nothing that we could ever say, do or feel would mean much to them because we're just not in their league. That's okay, I probably wouldn't want to be anyway. Stupidity has gotten me this far, why change now?

Bucky, Kellie and Elliot are all very real people, to me. I like them all.

+ Reply to Thread