+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucky Covington - Season 5

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by muggle View Post
    No voice, no charisma, forgettable performances, no early exposure, no star power. He's gone tonight.
    I thought he was pretty good last night, and would be surprised if he went home this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan View Post
    I thought he was pretty good last night, and would be surprised if he went home this week.
    Because they weren't too mean with him in their comments, I think he has a better chance of leaving since the sympathy voters may all swing to Kevin and David. Had Simon trashed him bad, he'd probably survive another week. That's my funky logic on this show.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

I think he is adorable in a rough and tumble, needs to be cleaned up, aw shucks sort of way. His smile is wonderful, but his voice is just average.

The restraurants that were profiled in his segment are not in Rockingham but in Mount Airy where I live. Aunt Bea's is right beside Goobers on Highway 52 North on the segment that has been named the Andy Griffith Parkway. I couldn't believe it when I finally was able to see it just a few minutes ago. I guess since he is from NC they will naturally portray the whole Mayberry theme.

That is okay, it is a great place to live and visit.
    "Since no one can ever know for certain whether or not his own view of life is the correct one, it is absolutely impossible for him to know if someone else's is the wrong one." -Gore Vidal

FORT Newbie

wee cass

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I agree that from what we saw he has an interesting voice.

(though he sincerely needs a makeover )
    I agree!!! Maybe caps and 10lbs.!

Ugh, he is deadly dull, needs a new hairdo and hasn't sung a song yet where the lyrics are intelligible. He and his sweet tea can get back home.

The greasy hair, the screwed teeth, the atrotious singing, good lord~ get lost, Jethro!!!!

giz
    I really like him. New hairdo is a must, but he comes across as genuine and I think he has a great voice.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    The greasy hair, the screwed teeth, the atrotious singing, good lord~ get lost, Jethro!!!!

I disagree. Elliot has worse teeth, but does that really matter? Both can sing.

And I like his humble simplicity.
    fka kickstand

Can Ya Dig It?

I can hear a really good voice in there somewhere- but i think he won't appeal to people who are more focused on a polished pretty boy look- definitley not people who base their votes on how cute a contestant is.
    add to that the fact that he's singing country and he's in big trouble. I think he's got great potential . There is a sincierty and openess about him which is endearing.

+ Reply to Thread