+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucky Covington - Season 5

I quite enjoyed Bucky's performance of "the Thunder Rolls". He did a really good job on it - particularly during the verses. And he rocked out just enough on the chorus. It was fun.

I thought Bucky did a fantastic job with "The Thunder Rolls"!!! It was actually one of the few performances I wanted to watch a second time. I agree with Simon that this guy is very genuine, but I disagree with his statement about Bucky being nothing more than a warm-up act for the others. Okay, so I don't think there's a chance in Hell he'll win this thing, but I sure am rooting for him to stay a bit longer!

Quote Originally Posted by mom3 View Post
    I thought Bucky did a fantastic job with "The Thunder Rolls"!!! It was actually one of the few performances I wanted to watch a second time. I agree with Simon that this guy is very genuine, but I disagree with his statement about Bucky being nothing more than a warm-up act for the others. Okay, so I don't think there's a chance in Hell he'll win this thing, but I sure am rooting for him to stay a bit longer!
    Me, too. I actually rewound it to hear it again. Very pleasantly surprised with his sound, especially on the first part of the song. I wasn't sure how he would do when he wasn't growling. I also LUV his personality!! I don't see him winning this either, but I hope he sticks around longer!

Bucky did very well with that song. I was actually prepared to half way tune him out while I surfed on the pc but within a few notes, I was fully paying attention. Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by mom3 View Post
    I just remember when Simon told George Huff he was a back up singer. He wound up coming in fifth overall! I think of Bucky as an upset performer, I really hope that he makes it to the top 12, because he has the talent. But unfortunately, that is not what determines ALL of the top 12!

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs View Post
    I just remember when Simon told George Huff he was a back up singer. He wound up coming in fifth overall! I think of Bucky as an upset performer, I really hope that he makes it to the top 12, because he has the talent. But unfortunately, that is not what determines ALL of the top 12!
    Very true. I have to hope that the combination of Bucky's terrific personality along with his singing will pull him through to the top 12. Everyone is talking about Ace's awesome smile (and I'd have to agree), but I have to tell ya... there is something so genuinely "pure" about Bucky's smile that it makes me want to smile right back. I am such a sucker for southern boys...

FORT Fan
    his performance was okay, but boy NEEDS a haircut... daaamn.

he is a joke.

I hope he leaves soon.

I think Buck needs some polishing. He's very rough around the edges, but underneath it all, he has a strong voice.
    "He is like an Iraqi peach and I want to devour him...take the pit, plant it in the backyard, and HOPE to grow some more."- Marcellus on Kaysar

No voice, no charisma, forgettable performances, no early exposure, no star power. He's gone tonight.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

+ Reply to Thread