+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucky Covington - Season 5

FORT Fogey
    He falls into the "so what, who cares" category. Next!

Not wild about his voice, but he seems like a good guy. As Ryan said, "He's not Hollywood at all." Personally, that's appealing to me. He won't come close to winning this thing, but I kind of hope he makes it through this first cut.

Quote Originally Posted by mom3 View Post
    Not wild about his voice, but he seems like a good guy. As Ryan said, "He's not Hollywood at all." Personally, that's appealing to me. He won't come close to winning this thing, but I kind of hope he makes it through this first cut.
    Agreed mom3, to me it's endearing that he IS the guy up at the corner bar just doin' his thing....I have fun listening to them as much as a totally produced album. Unfortunately the overly strained sound of his first round wasn't for me either, but I'd like for him to make it atleast another week so we can see some more.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by libra1022 View Post
    Agreed mom3, to me it's endearing that he IS the guy up at the corner bar just doin' his thing....I have fun listening to them as much as a totally produced album. Unfortunately the overly strained sound of his first round wasn't for me either, but I'd like for him to make it atleast another week so we can see some more.
    I agree...he sounds like any guy I could find in a local bar here in 'Bama but that's also part of his appeal...he's alot like Elliott Yamin....he knows he's not as polished as some of the other guys and he's not a package deal..he's just your average guy who likes to sing and he's been thrown in the competition and I imagine he's just awestruck at all he's seeing and doing....I also would like to see him go further to see how he does....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

He wasn't bad. He's certainly not the best, but he wasn't 12/12 either. I'd like to see him get to the next round over a few of the others.

Premium Member
    I loved it. Yes, it was a bit strained at times but I loved the smoldering rawness of his voice. Maybe it was the song.. but I loved it.

I can't stop thinking this is the illegitmate brother of the lead singer from Nickleback.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar
    The voice was kinda rough last night but I definitely want to hear more from this guy...I hope he hangs around for awhile. I haven't seen any of his previous performances from this season so I'm really curious to hear him do some country if that's his forte!
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

FORT Fogey
    Bucky was very good last night, he shouldn't have anything to worry about tonight.

I liked his voice and the song he choose, even though he was a little too rough in places. I'd like to see him again and maybe even make to the top 6 men. Although, I wish he'd brush his hair...AI isn't some honky tonk bar.

+ Reply to Thread