+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucky Covington - Season 5

FORT Newbie
    Gone or not, Bucky's fans are more excited for his career AFTER American Idol. His genre is something that is not oversaturated by wannabe popstars or sellouts. In fact we heard that the singers and composers of the songs that he performed were very proud of Bucky for doing such a great rendition of the songs. Plus he is a talented songwriter proof of which is his penned "Can't Be Wrong" "Find the One" that have found home in Bucky's hearts and hard drives.

Bucky's fans are always respectful about the fans choices and differences of opinions that is why you never catch us starting a thread about your idols to invite trolls (at least Bucky's true fans never do). We want to give justice to the warm and friendly nature that Bucky is and will always be.

We never count how many weeks he will be stayin on Idol since we know there is a life after you crown the last man standing. and By golly, judging from the way he converted legions of us who never even listen to country before Bucky.. his career wil be just exactly like how he looks on those faded crisp jeans.. ahh blazin!

(written by another fan on one board I asked permission )

.. his fans are always on rickey.org and AI Bucky folder his composition Cant be wrong is on buckycovingtononline.com and scroll a bit on http://myidol.idolonfox.com/blogs/Songbird4Idol thanks

I have been voting for Bucky & am glad that he is still around. I think he has a true shot at a career in Nashville & expect to hear him around well after this show.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    buddies.....
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar
    I think Bucky is going to be one of the next people to go. At first I was a Bucky fan, but his last few performances haven't impressed me. I don't think he's superstar material.
    Wake up and be awesome

That's a good pic of Elliot and Bucky! I thought I wouldn't like Bucky, but I do, he seems like such a genuine person. I'm glad he made the tour. As for his singing, I think he'll be gone in the next two eliminations, but I'd rather hear him than Kevin, Melissa or Lisa any day. And I liked his fluffy hair a couple of weeks ago.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Suncat, I liked his fluffy hair too. Nothing wrong with a well-maintained 'do! I really wanted to touch it

OK I think I said in one of the spoiler threads that Bucky was probably the worst of the bunch and deserved to be eliminated. But I've re-listened to his performances this season, and actually I need to change my tune...

I'm growing quite fond of his voice. I LUV it when he sings low. I'm intrigued by it when he goes higher. Only at the very highest end of his range does it get a little uncomfortable to hear. But the raspiness it has in mid-range is unique, and draws me in to keep playing the songs again and again. It's so uncommon. I'm trying to figure it out.

I think there are some times that he's sloppy, as in the notes aren't always precise. But other than that, I really like him. His "Thunder Rolls" was hauntingly good.

I think he has a higher hurdle to clear than the others since he's definitely country while much of the viewing audience isn't. Oh well. I'm pleasantly surprised that I enjoy him more now than I did the first time, and I think I need to scour the internet a little to find out what the most prevalent sentiment is, regarding him.

I'm not sure who I'd like to see leave, if Bucky were to stay, but I guess at this point I'm just saying I wouldn't mind it if he stays in the competition awhile longer. I wanna see what else he can do.

The only suggestion I have for him (other than concentrating on pitch) is to work on his dance moves. I feel pretty sure that if he had Taylor's dance moves, people would be fawning all over Bucky at this point. I think if he moved more rhythmically, Simon wouldn't consider him "an opening act for a bigger star".

I think I'll start voting for Bucky in addition to Kat because I'm more curious about Bucky than any of the others. The others are already starting to bore me. Bucky's voice, being more unique, would I think have more longevity.

Wondering about song choice for Bucky:

This coming Tuesday he'll being singing a song from 2000 or later. Given his background, I think it's pretty safe to assume he'll pick a country hit.

But what if -- just if -- he surprised us and picked a modern rock song, like "Voodoo" from Godsmack. (Ooops I just looked it up and discovered that was 1998.) But something along those lines. Go after a whole different audience?

I wonder if he likes rock at all, in real life, or if he is unequivically country/rockabilly.

The thing is, if he sings a more metal tune, his raspiness fits right in, and his lack of body rhythm wouldn't matter at all. How many hard rock front men do you see dancing? All they do is pick up the mic stand and walk around with it.

I think it's a good fit! How 'bout Kid Rock's version of "Feel Like Makin' Love"? Hmm, maybe that's not AI-suitable. But this one is: "My Sacrifice" by Creed. He even sounds like Bucky. C'mon Bucky walk on the wild side a little!!!

FORT Newbie
    I agree completely. Its the raspy quality of his voice that I truly like about him. Its very identifiable. He himself wrote and performed this song http://www.buckycovingtononline.com/blog.html and it showcased his vocals wonderfully. He is just not the type who uses bells and whistles when he performs.

FORT Newbie
    I really like Bucky. Now Kevin's gone, Bucky's probably the worst male singer (with Elliott the best by a long shot), but Bucky is verrrry cute, and it's nice to see a Southern Rocker on American Idol (and I am in England!).

Quote Originally Posted by thiathefroggie View Post
    I agree completely. Its the raspy quality of his voice that I truly like about him. Its very identifiable. He himself wrote and performed this song http://www.buckycovingtononline.com/blog.html and it showcased his vocals wonderfully. He is just not the type who uses bells and whistles when he performs.

That's it- he's got a whiskey soaked voice and a distinct delivery- and i mean that in a good way. For me the character in his voice is what is intriguing. Clean, technically perfect voices tend to sound too polished for me- lacking emotion. I need to hear what a person is feeling on the inside when they sing and for me Bucky does that. he isn't the most technically proficient, but so what of it. His voice sounds "lived in", and I appreciate that more than a voice which hits a big note perfectly but lacks the emotion.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

+ Reply to Thread