+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Bucky Covington - Season 5

I was pleasantly surprised with his performance last night and would love to see him stick around for another few weeks.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

I thought he did well with the Stevie Wonder theme. Singing a stevie tune and making it sound good is a monumental task. I thought he did well. Not sure I agree with the judges talking about people needing to step out of their comfort zone as thery did not apply that philosophy to Chris who, shock of shocks, sang a hard edged rock tune, yet again.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I thought he did well with the Stevie Wonder theme. Singing a stevie tune and making it sound good is a monumental task. I thought he did well. Not sure I agree with the judges talking about people needing to step out of their comfort zone as thery did not apply that philosophy to Chris who, shock of shocks, sang a hard edged rock tune, yet again.

Uh... it is a Stevie song that said, I hope Bucky stays around a bit more.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Uh... it is a Stevie song that said, I hope Bucky stays around a bit more.
    I know that. What I meant is the style choice was the same ( Red Hot Chilli Peppers version ) therefore he did not go outside his comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    I know that. What I meant is the style choice was the same ( Red Hot Chilli Peppers version ) therefore he did not go outside his comfort zone.

I am sick of "comfort zones", I believe they should just sing. I don't want to hear Bucky or Chris doing Barry Manilow next week... and that is coming up! yuck!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I am sick of "comfort zones", I believe they should just sing. I don't want to hear Bucky or Chris doing Barry Manilow next week... and that is coming up! yuck!

OMG, not barry manilow! I HATE these theme weeks. I hate the whole comfort zone routine as well - which is why I wish they would stop applying it willy nilly.

I am so not on the Bucky Train , but i was positivly surprised what the guy made out of the situation.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    I was so glad that Bucky wasn't in the bottom 3. He is so likeable, in my opinion. He comes across as sincere and genuine and I hope he does well. I am definitely going to throw some votes his way.

Anyone else notice the resemblance to Alan Jackson........

FORT Fanatic
    Bucky is the anti-Ace. He has gotten every drop out of his (limited) talents so far. It helps too that, outside of the first semifinals week, his song choices and arrangements have been masterful. Simon has already gone on record as wishing he could put Elliott's voice into Ace's body. If he could get Bucky's sensibility in there too, he'd have himself one formidable contestant.

+ Reply to Thread