+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ace Young - Season 5

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie View Post
    OK so how could anyone not love him after tonight?! He was so beautiful and breathtaking...

Oh yeah, he sang well too
    It's easy to not love him after tonight...I never support the "one" the judges cram down my throat because I like to think for myself. There were three other guys who way outshined Ace, IMO. And the eye you-know-what was the most uncomfortable look I've ever seen in my life. He should have left it to the pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie View Post
    ... maybe he has a bunch of sisters, like Brian C from Survivor: Guatemala ...
    I don't know about any sisters, but in his interview he said he had 4 older brothers. Personally, I don't know if he's gay, I don't care if he's gay, and it's really none of my business if he's gay. The fact is he is serious eye candy for a lot of women and appears to also be a really nice guy. Oh, and I agree with you, Lil_Cutie ~ the short hair with no shirt on was my preference as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    They are certainly pushing him on us, which may actually end up being his downfall.
    Worked for Carrie last year...

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    Well, I think AI has done a good job this year of reminding the audience that it isn't all about voice. They are looking for people who have a look, a personality, AND a sound that the record-buying public will like. This guy has all these things.
    Last year it was all about voice. Well, I take that back...she was cute and had good vocals. She did not have stage presence. She improved during the tour but during the show she just stood there, looked uncomfortable and tapped her foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    Ace singing: "I will be your daddy"

Callie: "You can be my daddy and anything else you want!"

Tell me about it... Gosh I hope that man stays on my screen a loooooooong time! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727 View Post
    Well, there are lots of hot men and talented men who don't especially want to be with women -- but that never stopped them from loving women and having women love them. (Think Elton John here -- he loved Princess Diana now, didn't he?)

Anyway, for those of us who are old enough to be Ace's mother, what do we care? And I live in California to boot, so I *really* don't care. And I don't think the X Factor has anything to do with that. (Though maybe that is why Paula said she had male friends who were dying to call in.)

Ace is really cute. He's easy on the eyes. He nice to look at. You may like Chris, but I think if someone was passing the beauty baton around and inviting people to vote on who is the most "hot" -- Chris vs. Ace -- Ace would most likely win. Chris isn't bad to look at but his body looks like a 90 while Ace's looks like 100. It's those little things that don't really count that go towards nailing the X factor.

I think Chris is a better singer than Ace, but I think Ace has more X factor. I predict they both will last at least until the top 8. I think the biggest challenger to both of them is Taylor!
    I never really like to predict these things. I know I was FLOORED when Constantine was sent home. So you really never know about these shows....

Quote Originally Posted by Pharoah View Post
    I just don't understand why so many people are blind to the fact that he is really not an exceptional talent.... and he loves to "receive" love.
    I agree with you Pharoah, he's not an exceptional talent, and all 3 judges said it (well, maybe not Paula; she never says anything). As mentionned by Simon, he has the X factor. And in the entertainment industry that factor is more important than exceptional talent. How else do you think Britney Spears and co. would be so popular?

As for loving to receive love, I don't get it. He seemed really down to earth and seemed to have a ah-sucks attitude. He's the modest version of Constantine. Then again it's the first show. I reserve the right to change my opinion.

Leo
    Premium Member
    If I had to pick who would win right now, Ace would be it.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    Ace singing: "I will be your daddy"

Callie: "You can be my daddy and anything else you want!"

Yep, I loved when he said "I'll be your daddy"...I also loved when he said "to be warm and naked......." I thought it was a great song choice.
    I'm a 39 year old woman and I screamed like a teenybopper when he was thru....!!! My 12 year old son was laughing hysterically at me....he stirs the same kind of emotions I got as a youngster madly in love with Donny Osmond! While I don't think he is the best singer (that would go to Taylor, Chris and Elliot)...I still appreciate Ace for what he is and hope to see him around to sing different styles!
    And as far as gay...so far the only ones I've heard that from have been straight guys who seem a little..um...threatened or jealous!!! The gay guys I've talked to say "nah..not the impression they get but they sure wish he was!!!"
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

My 2 cents. The X factor plays into this competition more & more as the seasons pass. This has gone beyond a recording contract into a full blown celebrity thing. The show is looking for someone that can garner national advertising campaigns, they are looking for someone to grace the covers of countless magazines, they are looking for someone that is a major marketing campaign in the waiting. The camera absolutely loves the guy. And when that person can also sing & sell millions of albums that is where the bonus comes in. Right or wrong the winner has to be bright, articulate, good looking, & someone that is going to appeal across many age groups.Ace fits this bill in every way. I see him as the winner.

+ Reply to Thread