+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Ace Young - Season 5

Re: Ace Young - Season 5

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2713131;
    Brett is his given name...Ace is his nickname....
    Yikes, I should have known. Thanks, bbnbama!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Ace Young getting killed dead on last night's episode of "Bones" was good entertainment (its not really a spoiler since he dies in the first few minutes of the episodes and they even revealed in the commercials for the episode that he was going to die).

Even dead, his character got all kinds of insults tossed at him too. The shrink character on the show went off on him being a "presentation singer". Basically a fancy shrinky way of saying "show off".

Brandon Rogers was on the episode too, but since he lived it really wasn't as exciting. He DID get to sing twice as much as Ace in the episode though (part of the ep. was set at a club with an open mike night).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Sounds awesome.

I wanted to dig this thread up a couple of weeks back but forgot... I thought it was hilarious that Ryan was pointing out Idol alumni in the audience (Constantine Maroulis, Gina Glocksen) and walked past a smiling, expectant Ace Young with nary a glance.
    2003-2008.

Jolly's Journal rocks! davidbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tickety;2991828;
    Sounds awesome.

I wanted to dig this thread up a couple of weeks back but forgot... I thought it was hilarious that Ryan was pointing out Idol alumni in the audience (Constantine Maroulis, Gina Glocksen) and walked past a smiling, expectant Ace Young with nary a glance.
    I noticed that too! Ace totally looked like he was expecting some acknowledgement, and then...nothing. Hilarious!

I forgot to watch Bones last night, darn it! Isn't that show on the Fox network?

FORT Fan

There is a rumor going around that Ace Young will be joining the Broadway cast of Grease as Kenicke on Sept 7th. Anyone know more about it? Isn't that the day after Taylor Hicks leaves?

Quote Originally Posted by AllDone;3166735;
    There is a rumor going around that Ace Young will be joining the Broadway cast of Grease as Kenicke on Sept 7th. Anyone know more about it? Isn't that the day after Taylor Hicks leaves?
    Idol' alum Ace Young to make Broadway debut By ERIN CARLSON, Associated Press Writer
    1 hour, 32 minutes ago

`Idol' alum Ace Young to make Broadway debut - Yahoo! News

NEW YORK - Another "American Idol" alum is heading to "Grease" on Broadway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Ace Young, who competed on season five of the Fox show, joins the cast Sept. 9, playing Kenickie in the revival of the popular musical.

The 27-year-old singer-songwriter known for his pretty looks and falsetto vocals will make his debut two days after fellow "Idol" Taylor Hicks completes a two-month stint as Teen Angel. Hicks took home the "Idol" title in 2006.

Young will perform through Jan. 18.

"I'm really excited," he said. "I had a lot of things kind of open up for me and when the role of Kenickie was offered, it's something that I've always wanted to do as a kid. That's always been my favorite role from `Grease.'"

Young likes that Danny Zuko's right hand man is a guy's guy.

"That's a big side of me that a lot of people don't know," he said. "They didn't get to see that on `Idol.' You know, I have four older brothers. I was never trying to even care about what I was wearing. I was just trying to survive at the household."

___
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Ace will be one of the co-hosts on Jerry Lewis' annual MDA telethon this Labor Day........

Link Here

Popular "American Idol" vocalist and MDA Celebrity Ambassador Ace Young will make his first stint as a co-host. Young, who recently released his debut CD, Ace Young, was a contestant on the fifth season of the hit TV talent show. Young has performed as a guest on MTV's "Total Request Live" and hosted a solo concert at the Pepsi Center in Denver.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I just saw him on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade doing his Grease stint. He sounded really good, he didn't look all that good though lol.

My sister saw Ace in Grease in NY, she said he was really good, sang well, looked handsome and on the billboard outside the theatre his name was out there in huge letters. She also said he got the most screams when they men came out on stage. Cool.

+ Reply to Thread