+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: Ace Young - Season 5

FORT Fogey
    I thought Ace did a respectable job last night, but why oh why does Randy keep telling him to play up the falsetto??!! I hate falsetto singing on any male and it's the only part of Ace's performance that I hit the mute button on my television.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Ace was just okay last night. And in a week where almost everyone had an outstanding performance, "just okay" isn't good enough.

You're so completely right Lex. Okay isn't good enough
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey
    Ace looked great in that suit and while the ponytail was an odd option (especially as high as it was), it looked fine. I thought he looked very handsome but his voice is too weak compared to the others. I dont get how every season the judges have said this year is the best year with the most talent. Totally disagree with that. Its time for Ace to go. I can see him doing fine when the show is over. Let him leave on an okay note.

Hating finales since 2006 finalefan's Avatar
    I must be the only person on the planet who 100 percent approved of the ponytail? SCREW 'EM ALL, ACE, you looked very handsome last night. Come on over to my house for dinner, sugar, and wear that ponytail.

Having said that, I do expect him to be voted off and in fact I'm somewhat surprised he's still around. No disrespect intended, but I just don't think his performances have been all that stellar. He's not UNtalented, he's just nowhere near the top of the remaining pack.

His ponytail needed to be that high in order to keep those front bangs in control without bobby pins! Hence all the grease waxing down his hair. I thought it looked bad. I don't really like his normal hair-do that well either though.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    It wasn't a great choice. He really looked like he should be wearing a hair net and an apron with that hairdo.

Personally, I would have voted off Rod Stewart himself after tonight's performance. Hard to believe his albums are selling so well. Ace was weak-voiced in the same way, and standards are meant for very strong voices, like Katharine's.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

FORT Fogey
    I liked Ace's pony/suit combo! I started out thinking Ace was as cheesy as Constantine but toward the end, he displayed humility, courage, and professionalism. And...the "rumors" are that Chris is the nicest guy on the show, and he and Ace are really close. So, I think it's safte to say that Ace is probably very too.

Now I love the guy! It was his time to go considering his vocals, but I wish him well.

I'd love to see him in movies.

Does Ace have a girlfriend?

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic Dog View Post
    It wasn't a great choice. He really looked like he should be wearing a hair net and an apron with that hairdo.

Personally, I would have voted off Rod Stewart himself after tonight's performance. Hard to believe his albums are selling so well. Ace was weak-voiced in the same way, and standards are meant for very strong voices, like Katharine's.
    Your right about Rod Stewart. I grew up on his music though from the 80's and early 90's and I remember his voice being much stronger. What happend? Even Ace sounded like the best singer in the world compared to him. And the song Rod sang last night was such a classic. I think its one of the best songs of all time and almost anyone can sing that and I will think its beautiful well except for Rod! he butchered it!

Quote Originally Posted by caramelbeauty81 View Post
    Your right about Rod Stewart. I grew up on his music though from the 80's and early 90's and I remember his voice being much stronger. What happend? Even Ace sounded like the best singer in the world compared to him. And the song Rod sang last night was such a classic. I think its one of the best songs of all time and almost anyone can sing that and I will think its beautiful well except for Rod! he butchered it!
    There was a reason Rod didn't want Katherine to sing that song. He knew she would be so much better at it than he would. Poor Rod, I think all those years of hard partying have taken their toll. Ace, I wish you luck in the future, & expect to see you on the magazine covers, if not the album covers.

+ Reply to Thread