+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ace Young - Season 5

Lock for top 12, only good voice not great so he'll definitely not be the idol. Won't be able to hack it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy View Post
    Im not sure if anyone here watches the show Half and Half on UPN (dear god, why do it?) but I swear Ace played the role of a star baseball player who was going to give up his career to sing... does anyone know if it were him?
    Yes, that was Ace.

He's credited on that episode as "Ace Blackwell". (at least that's what tv.com says)
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

I'm in love!!!

Okay, I'm a gay boy, but always get annoyed when people pick a contestant just on looks alone when they have teh whole swoon factor going on... That being said, I almost fell off of the couch when I saw Ace. He is GORGEOUS... AND he can sing! I love him... love love love. lol I've already decided that he will make it into the finals, I doubt he will win, but I certainly hope he makes top 5. I want to look at him forever. lol
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82 View Post
    Okay, I'm a gay boy, but always get annoyed when people pick a contestant just on looks alone when they have teh whole swoon factor going on... That being said, I almost fell off of the couch when I saw Ace. He is GORGEOUS... AND he can sing! I love him... love love love. lol I've already decided that he will make it into the finals, I doubt he will win, but I certainly hope he makes top 5. I want to look at him forever. lol
    This should make you happy (tho I personally don't think it will happen!! but I do agree that he is great eye candy!)

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|100076|1|,00.html

Oddsmakers Install Ace, Katharine as 'Idol' Favorites

Friday, February 17, 2006
    11:00 AM PT

With "American Idol" moving into its public-voting phase next week, online bookies have begun laying odds on the 24 semifinalists. If the oddsmakers are right, we could be headed for an Ace Young-Katharine McPhee showdown sometime in late May.

Online gaming site PinnacleSports.com has the 25-year-old Young as the early favorite, with odds of 7 to 2 to become "Idol's" first male champion since 2003. McPhee is right behind at 4/1, and another early favorite, 17-year-old Paris Bennett, is a 5/1 chance to take home the title.

British bookie Paddy Power, meanwhile, has McPhee, a 21-year-old from Los Angeles, and Bennett as co-favorites at 5/1, with Young, Chris Daughtry, Taylor Hicks and Kellie Pickler close behind at 7/1.

The two oddsmakers disagree sharply on the chances for Jose "Sway" Penala and Melissa McGhee. Paddy Power has Penala at 8/1 and McGhee at 14/1. Their odds are much longer on Pinnacle's board, though, with Penala at 29/1 and McGhee among a group of longshots at 65/1.
    Neither seems to like the chances of 16-year-old Kevin Covais, who sits at the bottom of the list on both counts.

"American Idol" begins its semifinal rounds on Tuesday (Feb. 21) with performances by the 12 female singers. The guys follow on Wednesday, and two from each group will be sent home during a live results show Thursday. The process repeats for two weeks after that to determine the final 12.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I could care less if he can sing or not...actually, I can't even remember what he sounds like. His looks are far too distracting for me to seriously listen to his voice. It will be nice to have him to look at for a few weeks, anyway.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by CallieCutie View Post
    I'm in love!!!
    Callie, how many times have I heard you say that?
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I could care less if he can sing or not...actually, I can't even remember what he sounds like. His looks are far too distracting for me to seriously listen to his voice. It will be nice to have him to look at for a few weeks, anyway.
    He is gorgeous, isn't he? Just another reason to watch this season.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    Callie, how many times have I heard you say that?
    shuddup

I think he might just be good enough to replace my Manolo avatar for him... but I dunno if he's that good yet We'll see...

+ Reply to Thread