+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Ace Young - Season 5

FORT Fogey
    Yeah, sorry. I was incorrect. I got George Michael and Boy George confused! Still, Boy George is also gay, is he not? I apologize for my mistake. Total blonde moment y'all! And yes, I know that George Michael was the lead singer of Wham!

I felt a gay vibe from Ace. Bottom. But who knows?

The only thing that seems obvious is that he was a formulaic plant by Fox to try to retain the audience that Constantine delivered to the show last year. Ace has a more perfect appearance than Constantine, but in my mind it was Constantine's imperfections that drove his appeal. (And yes, I'm aware that lots of people didn't find him appealling, but lots did.)

The whole "Ace" thing just feels too forced. Ace's voice has nowhere NEAR the strength that Constantine's did.

I hope he's straight 'cuz that's my personal preference, but regardless,... he seems too cookie-cutter to be genuine. A male Barbie.

I like Ace. I don't know if he's gay or not (much speculation going here at work about just that!lol) but I find him not only "easy on the eyes" but easy on the senses as well. I don't see any physical resemblance between him and Constantine (thank goodness) and again while he may play the camera a bit, he isn't smarmy about it. So we'll see where he goes. I hope he's there a while, I think he has real talent.

[QUOTE=MeTarzanYouJane;1782302]This guy is MUCH hotter than Constantine. He has clean hair and doesn't give off that snake vibe that Connie did. (Sorry to all you Constantine fans).

You said it!!! Please don't anyone compare him to that sleazy Constantine! As you said, this guy has really nice clean hair (clean being the operative word there), and he looks straight into the camera.

FORT Regular
    You said it!!! Please don't anyone compare him to that sleazy Constantine! As you said, this guy has really nice clean hair (clean being the operative word there), and he looks straight into the camera.
    There's a fine line between love and hate. I think the Constantine bashers doth protest too much.

The only thing this type of criticsm serves to accomplish -- since Constantine is not a contestant this year -- is to alienate Constantine fans from voting for Ace. I feel badly for Ace. He's quickly becoming the contestant whose fans inspire the most animosity.

Oh, I don't see that at all. If you vote based on what sounds good to you, and if Ace sounds good than that is wonderful. I think the whole point is that Constantine made if difficult to be a "pretty boy" and work the camera because he overworked it so much. And personally I found nothing attractive about Constantine. But it wasn't his looks that did this..it was his attitude.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie View Post
    My very cultured, straight brother likes Culture Club, enough to burn some of their songs. George Michael is the lead singer of CC.
    Again, I dont' think that's the best analogy. There's always been a kind of wierd alternative coolness factor to Culture Club that I think even straight guys (especially the cultured kind) might like. George Michael, however, will always be known as the guy from Wham! (boy band - first whammy) and the pop-singing pretty boy (pop music, pretty boy - second and third whammies).

Also, as much as your brother might like Culture Club, do you think even he would go on national TV and sing one of their songs?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie View Post
    As for the love interest thing...does anyone know they're gay at 7? What if he had a crush on a really older girl? And is sort of embarrassed by it now?
    A lot of straight guys I know had their first crush when they were around that age. I had my first crush when I was 6 (and yes, it was a boy in case you're curious). I didn't know I was "gay" obviously because I didn't know what "gay" was, but I certainly knew I wanted to hang out with the girls, play with their dolls and talk about boys.

As for the older girl thing, he could've said "girl" without saying it was an "older girl". However, to not say "girl" at all just seems odd to me. Who knows, my gaydar could be totally off, but if we were taking bets, I know where my money will be at.
    Last edited by MrRealityShow; 02-24-2006 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rupertshoney View Post
    I don't think I would actually compare Ace with Constantine. Personally I felt like Constantine "tried" to be sexy and just came off as gross. AND in need of a shower. Ace seems like he has real talent and he does know how to play to the camera, but not in an "in your face, I'm the MAN" kind of way. He's also far better looking than that "other" one. Plus I think he has real talent. I know he's got the teenage girl votes for sure.
    and at least one 60 somethin's vote too!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRealityShow View Post
    Also, as much as your brother might like Culture Club, do you think even he would go on national TV and sing one of their songs?
    No, he'd probably sing something from NSync or something just because he's got that kind of sense of humor

live4romance, I know a bunch of other girl's moms who love him so you know they're voting. They may not be 60 something's but they're certainly not 18.

Ace is the perfect singer to fit the intended pop idol cookie cutter mold. Carrie Underwood withstanding, the only other two Idol's to make a big impact on the music scene were Kelly and Clay.

I think Idol is longing, no...seething, for another Kelly. Top 40/ pop is where the money lies. There's more marketability across the board. VH1, MTV, more radio stations, etc.

Ace has those traits. He's not my fave but looking through realistic glasses, he probably has the best chance to make it big.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread